Prediction League Week 31 Results
Premier League

Derby 18
Lady J 10
Stairs 8
Minizin 6
B.B.B. 4
Zinman -1

If it wasn't for that last gasp Ipswich goal this weeks scoring in the PL would have been one of the lowest this season!! That goal caused a 24 point positive swing and also meant one of the scorers missed out on a max Gamball!! Angry It was also a rare week where we saw negative scoring on the Scoreball as 4 players used it on the Man City v Arsenal goalless draw and therefore were deducted a point each!!

Derby leads the way this week with 18 points, a good week with such overall poor scoring. He managed to score points on his Gamball and Bonus and added 4 CS to boost his total. Lady Jane is in 2nd spot for the second week running with 10 points, like Derby she had 2 CSs and a Gamball CR but missed on her bonus. Rounding out the top 3 is Stairs with 8 points, he managed a very rare positive result on the Gamball and now has moved into positive territory on his points gained from that ball!!

Minizin finished on 6 points, he too scored a CR on the Gamball and had one CS but little else. BBB is 5th with 4 points, a CR Gamball was really his only highlight.

Zinman had another nightmare week, its becoming a habit of his these days!! He only scored positive points on one game and missed on both his Gamball and Bonus.

352 Zinman
333 Minizin
331 BBB
330 Derby
298 Stairs
249 Lady Jane

So we might be a couple of players down but we might also just have a title race on our hands!! Since Zinman's closest challenger quit he seems to have gone on strike himself, scoring just 1 point over the past 3 weeks!! The three players chasing him down are now one good week away from catching him as the gap is down to just 19 points. He remains favorite but he needs to pull his finger out if he wants to maintain his lead.

Minizin, BBB and Derby are the chasing pack and are separated by just 3 points now, can they up the pressure on the leader. Stairs should go past the 300 point mark next week and LJ is still only really playing for pride.

Cheers
SCO

Championship

Themaclad 18
BaggieOne 13
Snooty 12
Sanjay 6
SCO 5
AAA 5
Twerton -1

Very similar scoring to the Premiership with some good scores, some average scores and one dreadful score! Like the Premier, the scoreball also produced a negative total and that last gasp Ipswich winner turned the table on its head! With a minute left, 3 players were on for a maximum with 4 looking like losing points - only 1 player, Sanjay, was not affected as that late goal went in. SCO, AAA and Twerton lost 9 points each, Snooty and Themaclad gained 9 and BaggieOne 5 to cap an eventful Easter weekend.

So it's Themaclad on top of this week's table with 18 points from 4 correct results, 2 of which, including the gamball were spot on. Themac was alo the only player to score positvely on all his balls as, yet again, the bonus ball caused problems. BaggieOne and Snooty also reached double figures with B1 getting the week's best of 5 correct predictions. Snooty scored a max on the gamball but was one of 3 players to put the scoreball on the Man City Arsenal bore draw.

Sanjay, SCO and AAA are sperated by just 1 point but scored in very different ways. Sanjay was held back by his balls he scored on 4 games including 1 correct score. SCO got 2 correct scores from his 3 correct predictions but scored the lowest possible total points from his balls while AAA only got 2 predictions correct but was saved by one of them being his bonus.

Twerton matched AAA's record of 2 correct predictions (no correct scores) but also matched SCO's balls to end up with negative points.

[b]329 SCO
323 Twerton
301 Snooty
291 AAA
290 Themaclad
268 BaggieOne
226 Sanjay/b]

Twerton's bad week costs him a share of the top spot as SCO opens up a 6 point gap. No changes below them though Snooty has consolidated his hold on the play-off spot while passing the 300 point mark.
Lord Snooty, Stairs, themaclad like this post
They say that ignorance is bliss - no wonder so many people are happy.
which AAA am I !? Smile
(04-04-2024, 10:11)Baggie_One Wrote: which AAA am I !? Smile

two of me?...who cloned me?
Blue Baggie likes this post
@Kristien 1965
(04-04-2024, 10:11)Baggie_One Wrote: which AAA am I !? Smile

Unfortunately you are the lower of the two AAAs.

Apologies for the error (and the hope it may have generated), now corrected!!
Blue Baggie likes this post
Can someone please catch up with me so that we can get an exciting finish?
They say that ignorance is bliss - no wonder so many people are happy.
(05-04-2024, 06:21)Zinman Wrote: Can someone please catch up with me so that we can get an exciting finish?

I’ll do your predictions for you if you want to help out?
(05-04-2024, 06:21)Zinman Wrote: Can someone please catch up with me so that we can get an exciting finish?

I’m on the way…
(05-04-2024, 13:48)Minizin Wrote:

I’m on the way…

Didn't happen this week Zinman, but there's still a few matches to go..
  I'll be in the meantime hoping not to be demoted...

Oh and Twerton was the only player to score points on the Gameball today - unofficial of course Rolleyes
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
(06-04-2024, 19:05)Baggiebob(BBB) Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 13:48)Minizin Wrote:

I’m on the way…

Didn't happen this week Zinman, but there's still a few matches to go..
  I'll be in the meantime hoping not to be demoted...

Oh and Twerton was the only player to score points on the Gameball today - unofficial of course Rolleyes

I gave Zin the title. Everyone knows I would have been miles in front by know.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »