Preston North End v Hull City

Deepdale 2/3/2024 15.00hrs

https://www.wearehullcity.co.uk/

https://www.not606.com/forums/hull-city.41/

LAST TIME OUT

[Image: Screenshot-2024-02-29-142051.png]

FORM GUIDE

PNE 17 HULL 16

They have won their last three away games let's hope we do the dirty side of the game well on Saturday that might please Mark Robins!!!

IN FORM

[Image: Screenshot-2024-02-29-142025.png]
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Who’s Available?

Duane Holmes and Kian Best are back in training and available for the weekend after both missing the whole of February.

Robbie Brady, who was absent through a knock last Friday, has returned to training and if he gets through the final two days of the week, he could feature against Hull.

Brad Potts and Ched Evans are the only two who will definitely miss out.

Opposition Focus

Hull City have been in and around the top six all season long, and they currently occupy the final Play-Off position heading into the final dozen matches.

Their January transfer business has seen them really kick on in recent matches, having added Premier League quality in Liverpool’s Fábio Carvalho, Burnley’s Anass Zaroury, and Luton Town’s Ryan Giles, among others.

Liam Rosenior’s side are only three points from equaling last season’s final tally, and they’ll be hoping they can do enough to stay within those Play-Off places for a shot at returning to the Premier League for the first time since the 2016/17 campaign.

Referee: Thomas Bramall
Assistant Referees: Matthew Wilkes and Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Anthony Backhouse

Thomas Bramall will take charge of his fourth North End fixture of the season this weekend and his first of the campaign at Deepdale.

One of those saw PNE come out on top, in the late 2-1 victory over Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park, and in total this season Bramall has shown 101 yellow cards and two reds in 23 matches.

MACS VIEW

Interesting game against a side who have won their last three away, against a side(us) who even I have to say were impressive last Friday night, they have a couple of flair players and Greaves at the back was impressive at their gaff, mauled by the Tigers maybe

Preston North End 0 Hull City 0

PNE line-up: Woodman; Storey, Lindsay, Hughes; Browne, Whiteman, McCann, Millar; Frøkjær (Holmes, 68); Keane (Osmajić, 68), Riis. Subs not used: Cornell, Cunningham, Brady, Stewart, Ledson, Woodburn, Whatmough.

Hull City line-up: Allsop; Coyle, Jones, Greaves, Giles; Seri (Sharp, 77), Slater, Morton; Zaroury (Ömür, 65), Carvalho (Tufan, 86), Philogene. Subs not used: Pandur, McLoughlin, Docherty, Ohio, Jacob, Christie.

Attendance: 16,997 (2,416 Hull City fans).

Referee: Mr T Bramall.

Started and ended with the same score, not for the want of trying though 31 efforts on goal, compared to some 0-0's seen in the past this was a decent game between two sides who gave their all on the soaking mud and grass of Britain's premier football ground.
Whites unchanged up against a Hull side which has a bit of talent in it, notably Philogene the match winner when the two sides earlier on in the season.
We started on the front foot with a tame Whiteman effort being easily saved by Allsop, and a Mads cross also found the Hull keeper with Riis in a dangerous position.
Once the initial surge was ove City pobably shaded proceedings couldn't find a way through some very resolute defending, effort from Carvalho from about 25 yards produced a television save by Woodman.
City are one of those sides who dick around at goalkicks pass it back to the keeper in the six yard box, personall view just invites trouble which it nearly did in the second period, they are well drilled and pass the ball with lots of accuracy unklike us
it of gamemanship early doors surrounding the referee following a McCann tackle and Zaroury appeared to have died on the touchline following a Millar tackle but credit where redit is due they are a decent side
Towards the end of the half put on a bit of pressure didn't really come to anything.
Again bright start in second period Whiteman again denied by a slight deflection when the ball appeared to be going in , massive shout for a penalty as Riis shot was blocked and Keane ready to pouncee having seen the video it's a pen but not given.
Hull back in it only a great Woodman save from a canny effort through a home defenders legs by Philogene kept the scores level.
Allsop pulled off a good save from Millar but it wasn't to be. Enjoyed it suspect the point is a better result for City then it will be for us.

Preston North End manager Ryan Lowe:

"I thought we deserved a penalty. A decision has gone against us that has probably not seen us take all three points. Unfortunately for us it hasn't been given, but it's a penalty.

"Will Keane has been pulled back, but maybe the referee is used to reffing in the Premier League. He's used to someone speaking in his ear, stop and then decide what to do.

"I don't know, but the fact of the matter is that 11 decisions have gone against us this season and three for us.

"It's become a little bit of a concern, because if it goes into 14-15, then it's costing us points."

Hull City head coach Liam Rosenior told BBC Radio Humberside:

"A hard-fought, physical, winter battle. I'm delighted with the players' attitude.

"I felt if we'd have had a little bit more calmness in our play, which is hard to do when you come away from home against a team that play in a way that is really difficult to play against to get rhythm in the game, if we'd have taken advantage of the moments that we had in the opposition's half, then we could have come away with a win.

"But the players have given me everything. I keep saying about us improving, I think that's a game we could have possibly lost earlier in the season.

"I'm disappointed not to win the game, but I'm really pleased with the application of the players."

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »