Thread Rating:
Takeover?!
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/bilkul-footba...cDne6hWYbk
An owner who (might) give a damn! And Lai gets only £25m apparently - a huge about face from a £200m takeover of a debt free business
Blue Baggie, harrogatebaggie, drewks like this post
Fantastic news!!
I'm sure that the 'feelgood factor' will be felt throughout the club straight away, and we'll see a different team as from now!!
Belated Happy New Year everyone!! Big Grin Thumb up Big Grin
Utter total relief
Baggievicar likes this post
But don't forget, this is the Albion. It's a long way till next week....
Pessimists'R'Us.
(16-02-2024, 09:40)Baggievicar Wrote: But don't forget, this is the Albion. It's a long way till next week....
Pessimists'R'Us.

Not to mention the scandalous rumours in the Italian press, that Patel already has another manager lined up. "We're all doomed, doomed I say" Big Grin Big Grin

Sounds like time for some D'ream 'Things can oly get better', blasting through through the stadium and the music system of Baggies everywhere.
Stairs and Blue Baggie like this post
I've been doing cartwheels. I didnt see the sale going through without several hiccups and motorized goalposts.
I'm delighted we can look forward to some stability and the fire sale has gone for good.
Were in the play offs with a couple of extras for CC to bring In and support the chase for promotion.
With all our injury issues this news is just what we needed.
Welcome to our new owners join the family and celebrations.
COYB
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Let's hope that the new owner's words are sincere.
I quote:
"I am thrilled and grateful to have reached an agreement to become the custodian of West Bromwich Albion Football Club. The club’s exceptional history, support, and potential set it apart even here in the cradle of football. My goal is to help the club achieve a future worthy of its history as a pioneering top-flight club that marshals the pride and passion that have defined the Albion for generations.”

No reason to think they're not, but I expect we were all excited when the crook Lai first arrived
(16-02-2024, 21:24)drewks Wrote: Let's hope that the new owner's words are sincere.
I quote:
"I am thrilled and grateful to have reached an agreement to become the custodian of West Bromwich Albion Football Club. The club’s exceptional history, support, and potential set it apart even here in the cradle of football. My goal is to help the club achieve a future worthy of its history as a pioneering top-flight club that marshals the pride and passion that have defined the Albion for generations.”

No reason to think they're not, but I expect we were all excited when the crook Lai first arrived

Well, since you mention it, I *am* getting a slight feeling of deja vu... Whistle

(05-08-2016, 15:58)drewks Wrote: An open letter here to the fans from the new owner.
He says some very good, comforting and complimentary things - let's hope he's genuine in all he says (not saying that I think he ISN'T, by the way!)

Sounds a nice sort of guy Thumb up Blush
http://www.itv.com/news/central/2016-08-...s-to-fans/
(16-02-2024, 22:00)Ska'dForLife-WBA Wrote:
(16-02-2024, 21:24)drewks Wrote: Let's hope that the new owner's words are sincere.
I quote:

Well, since you mention it, I *am* getting a slight feeling of deja vu... Whistle

(05-08-2016, 15:58)drewks Wrote: An open letter here to the fans from the new owner.
He says some very good, comforting and complimentary things - let's hope he's genuine in all he says (not saying that I think he ISN'T, by the way!)

Sounds a nice sort of guy Thumb up Blush
http://www.itv.com/news/central/2016-08-...s-to-fans/

.... that's just MAD!! Blush Whistle Big Grin Big Grin
- shows that you can't make any assumptions, I guess, when a new owner comes out with the right script!
However, could ANYONE be worse than Lai.....?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »