Thread Rating:
Hibs v Hearts - Wednesday 27 December
At last, there's a home game to look forward to with the visit of Hearts in the "best derby in the world". Joe Newell will definitely return to the Hibs line-up tonight in a game that could go either way. Hibs are doing well at Easter Road and Hearts are on a winning run. This is the game for Elie Youan to make an impact in, as he did at Tynecastle in October. As he says himself “Every game is special and you want to score every game. But this game for me is extra special. If you score or contribute in this match, then you never leave the memories of the fans. There is a huge rivalry between the clubs and the atmosphere is crazy. The whole fixture is very exciting, and it is a game that you need to give that extra 10% percent.”

I'll not say too much about Hearts except beware of Lawrence Shankland. He's scored 4 goals in their last 3 games, but is still only part of their team.

Hibernian: Marshall, Miller, Fish, Bushiri, Obita, Campbell, Newell, Levitt, Tavares, Boyle, Vente.

Substitutes: Wollacott, Hanlon, Youan, Jeggo, Stevenson, Doidge, Molotnikov, Whittaker, Landers.

Heart of Midlothian: Clark, Atkinson, Kingsley, Kent, Rowles, Cochrane, Baningime, Nieuwenhof, Denholm, Forrest, Shankland.

Substitutes: Gordon, Halkett, Haring, Oda, McKay, Sibbick, Tagawa, Lowry, Vargas.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Interesting start. One penalty miss each! Doh
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
And that man Shankland scores in added time to win the game for Hearts. Doh
Oooh! Sickener that, Ritchie.

The old route 1 as well. Who needs fancy football?
Terrible game between 2 teams who could barely control a football (or take a pk) for most of it, decided by a moment of class at the end from Shankland. Could see it coming a mile off.

Hibs are never going to get anywhere with a bombscare like Bushiri in our defence, and i think Fish should have done better too.
Yes, it was poor quality and the passing was atrocious and there were hardly any shots on target, but I've seen a lot worse games than this this season.

It was a cracking atmosphere. Or so it appeared on the telly. Compare it to the Liverpool/ManUtd game the other day, the one when Kloppo was complaining about the lack of noise. Miles better. And a better game, despite the lack of quality.
hibeejim21 likes this post
Shankland was all on his own, but still managed to score. Bushiri should have done the sensible thing and attacked the ball, or at worst, fell down when Shankland was backing in to him and made sure Shankland fell down too. Simple but effective and good "game management".
Lord Snooty likes this post
I still think we set up fine, we tried to work the hearts back 4. Problem was that the midfield was too passive and static, the passing awful.

This window we need to address that, happy to give monty 2 windows to get the blend right.
ritchiebaby likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »