Thread Rating:
Forfar v Hibs - Saturday 20 January
Hibs travel to Station Road in cold and windy Forfar tomorrow for their opening Scottish Cup game. There shouldn't be any great danger from a Scottish League 2 side, but this is Hibs we're talking about. I'm hoping for a full-strength Hibs side to play and hopefully they've not had too cushy a jaunt away to Dubai - Doha and Muscat are far better places to visit if you're ever in that area IMO. Almost 3,000 Hibs fans will be making the trip, in what will be a magnificent atmosphere in a small stadium.

The Loons are mid-table-ish in League 2, the lowest of four teams covered by 3 points. They play on an artificial pitch which many don't like but we've coped fairly well on those in previous games.

Monty on the game
“It’s a fantastic competition and one that the supporters have fond memories of. We know it’ll be a tough game. Forfar deserve to be in this round. It’s a good opportunity for us to take our fans there and for it to be a big occasion. Forfar will be prepared, but the most important thing is we go there prepared, professional and get through to the next round. We have to make sure we’re ready for the game.”
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Well, at least we're still in the Cup, but by all accounts not the exciting, emphatic win I'd have liked. They were better than me at this afternoon's game where I was outplayed, despite threatening a thrilling comeback.

Monty on the Hibs game
"At half-time, it wasn't good enough and I told the boys 'you can't turn up here and think it's going to be easy'. There were some scary moments in there, but we're through to the next round. All credit to them, they made the game difficult. If anything, we made the game difficult for ourselves in the first half."

Me on my game
"At half-time, it wasn't good enough and I told the boys 'you can't turn up here and think it's going to be easy'. There were some scary moments in there, but we're through to the next round out. All credit to them, they made the game difficult. If anything, we made the game difficult for ourselves in the first half."

As for the football, I suppose I'll be brave and watch Sportscene tonight. Thankfully it's on before Match Of The Day and not the usual midnight shift.
I watched Sportscene. Got to say you were lucky.

Bit of a shame for the Forfar keeper making that mistake, having already saved a penalty.

But Hibs are in the draw which is the main thing that matters.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Forfar should have won. But we made it, and that's all that counts really.

We've signed another forward, Myziane Maolida - has an interesting pedigree but looks like he's lost his way a bit in germany.
Caley Thistle away next. There'll be conflict in the Snooty/Chaffinch house.Big Grin
ritchiebaby likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Just give in now, Snooty. Laugh Or you'll be wearing the Hibs scarf (possibly very tightly!) Whistle

I'll take being lucky and winning 1-0 all the way, as long as my heart can stand the strain.
Lord Snooty likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »