Thread Rating:
2023 European Curling Championships - A Division
The version I saw played in Canada had beers lined up at each end of the ice "sheet". This obviously isn't the same game .... Whistle Laugh
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
I've played a similar game in the 80s where there were bottles of whisky in the snow at each end. Just the thing for a wee winter warmer between ends.  Angel

WOMEN
Norway easily won the Bronze Medal, winning 10-3 against Sweden. The Norsewomen were 8-0 ahead after 4 ends and the result was never in doubt after that.

MEN
In the Bronze Medal Game, an amazing extra end was played with Switzerland scoring 4 shots, after an immaculate 1st stone from Benoit Schwarz. Using one of the earlier Swiss stones, he rolled across in front of Joel Retornaz's promotion target, blocking the way in. Retornaz had a blast with his last stone in a shot to nothing, but only succeeded in taking out his own stone.
Cabbage is still good for you
If there's anybody out there who's disgusted with their football team's performance or who wants a change from the usual fare of live sporting events, the Men's Final between Scotland and Sweden is at 14.00 right through to 17.00 this afternoon on BBC  Scotland.

Come on Bruce, just one more win to clinch an historic triple Gold.
WOMEN
Switzerland won Gold this morning, beating Italy by 6-5 with the last stone from Alina Paetz being a hit and roll off her own stone to nudge the Italian stone away to get the shot.
GOLD - Switzerland
SILVER - Italy
BRONZE - Norway

MEN
The Final was top of my viewing list this afternoon and it didn't let me down as far as tension and skill was concerned. A nip-and-tuck game went all the way to an extra end when Bruce Mouat had a perfect draw shot to win Scotland's third Gold Medal in a row. The last time that happened was in the mid-90s when Hammy McMillan's rink won 3 in a row. Of course one team has won it 4 times in a row and that was Niklas Edin's rink for Sweden. It was a fantastic game for the curling fraternity and surely even non-curlers would appreciate the talent on display. I feel a certain amount of sympathy for Oskar Eriksson, who had a brilliant take-out game.

GOLD - Scotland
SILVER - Sweden
BRONZE - Switzerland
Lord Snooty likes this post
[Image: Scotland.jpg]
Lord Snooty likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »