Thread Rating:
Stop! Miller Time
Yeah I agree am, we have tried unknown before, but in the large part they were unproven and/or little pedigree.

I'm meaning unknown but with some sort of pedigree behind them. Also so we can raid leagues and regions for players that won't be on the radar of anyone else, much like Celtic did with ange and the Japanese players.

I made a list whilst I was on holiday of people that I'd be looking at.

Domestically, I do like Liam Manning but think he needs more time, I'd throw the name of Eric Ramsey out there again like I did last season and then someone along the lines of pep lijnders at Liverpool, he's been klopps man for ages etc etc you know the rest.

Abroad and this was where I did a bit of looking. Flores as mentioned, now he WAS bielsas assistant and followed him at a few clubs. But maybe he's not quite proven enough yet as a head coach.

Fernando gago was an interesting one, would he come back to Europe I don't know, but his record at his current club isn't that bad, just under 50% win ratio in a cut throat league (we think English football is bad, a few defeats and you're gone in south America)

My other two were from a different region, in the forms of Kevin muscat, he's having a good time of it in Japan and does know English football, or the red card and discipline panel over here! The other name was Graham arnold who I believe turned down the chance to manage Hibs, but I'm also led to believe that there are two championship clubs that have been wanting him as their new manager, no idea who, but kinda interesting that that gets mentioned a few weeks back and here we are...

I've also seen someone say they wouldn't have someone like Carlos carvahal, which I find odd, he didn't get Wednesday up because of Wagner and a weird owner, he nearly kept Swansea on the prem, had he done so it woul have been like Warnock keeping us up last season. He can play decent football, but he can play effective football, we never liked playing his side's at all.

Speaking of Portugal what's vilas boas doing these days, I've always liked him. I know it's never going to happen, just genuinely interested.

Hannes wolf is still a good option for me!
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Another day, another door, another high, another low
4) Moot Tracks - Matt Crooks

5) Thy Floor Afro - Harry Toffolo
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Anyone heard owt else?
Another day, another door, another high, another low
(17-09-2023, 20:40)jjamez Wrote: Anyone heard owt else?

Bruce Arena resigned from New England Revolution last week. He ticks all the boxes, but he's 71. Nearly as old as old Neil. Blush
I'm available for a couple of days most weeks. Other than assistant coaching some kids for a while some years back I've no coaching qualifications, but since when did that hold Town back in some recent appointments?

PS it would help if the club could bus the players down here. There's a big field round the back of mine with some kids size goals to sharpen up their shooting and a few pubs the lads could freshen up in afterwards before the bus ride back.

What? How did you lot used to train?

(17-09-2023, 20:50)Lord Snooty Wrote:
(17-09-2023, 20:40)jjamez Wrote: Anyone heard owt else?

Bruce Arena resigned from New England Revolution last week. He ticks all the boxes, but he's 71. Nearly as old as old Neil. Blush

Rather be managed by Leeds Arena
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Latest is…they wantWarnock to stay on as an advisor, American coach was over last Thursday…..it could well be the ex Leeds manager
Nail ... coffin ... again.

Why couldn't they just keep Neil happy for a bit longer.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
7) A Mod Shrunk - Mark Hudson
Another ex-L666s failure? Gimme strength.

Gimme Shelter

Gimme Keith Richards, if he can live through all the shit he put through his body how bad could he be as a man manager? Who cares what he knows about football? Fook knows we've had a few through the doors that think they know something but it generally turns out they know fook hall about football or man management.

Then again, Liz Truss still thinks she knows something about politics and is still arguing about it. She barely knew how to get to school in Leeds let alone where the bus stop was.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
(16-09-2023, 13:16)Lord Snooty Wrote:
(16-09-2023, 12:12)jjamez Wrote: Rumours that Warnock is leaving, anyone heard anything?

Some burke on Twitter making stuff up about Warnock leaving and Nathan Jones coming in. I treat these rumours with the contempt they deserve.

The Nathan Jones rumours were definitely put out by somebody at the club, so as we would all like Darren Moore because he isn't that twat Nathan Jones. Whistle

Hollower in satin - Lionel Ainsworth

Kwiz 1 - Sienna Miller
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »