Thread Rating:
Coventry City away - MNF on Sky Sports
Dreadful first half where we were in the main just hoofing the ball out and hoping for the best, second half started in the same manor and for me only improved when he fetched Sorba on.

Headley looks lost most of the time, we must have a better option than him. Rudoni played ok and I’ve got to give credit to Hudlin in the build up to the goal. He battles with the defender to get the ball and plays a good ball out wide before turning and making his way into the box, had Helik not scored Hudlin was making his way towards the far post.

A good point to start for DM, let’s we what Saturday brings, hoping for a win as I’ll be making my comeback this weekend and I don’t want my effort to be wasted
Can't argue with much you're saying Devon, except that, until last night, Sorba couldn't put a cross on a pools coupon this season. Many have sailed into the stands behind the goals or hit the first defender, repeatedly. Back to the Sorba we like last night.

Also the last time we brought Hudlin on we stopped the high crosses and played them to his feet. See Snoots's comments if you can find them. Yes he can do a bit with his feet, he's not quite as Bambi legged as you might expect, but to be honest I think he's better running onto through balls than waiting for crosses.

As for throw in's, I can't recall the last time we were good at those and I'm going back to the 69-70 season. I know I went to watch Town before then but, um, it's a bit foggy. Big Grin

We've a bloke on loan from Smoke-on-Stench, Tom Edwards, guess what he's good at? He couldn't play agin Stoke last week and didn't get on the pitch for this game. Wiles was possibly MOTM against WBA. Coventry kept him quiet, it happens. There's a reason why players aren't consistent at this level and it's why most of them are at this level. Hell, some of them aren't that consistent at the top end of the Prima Donna League either, but they are still way better than most players in this Division over a season.

Good to see you are back to full fitness Wakey. Hope that means pre and post match brewski's as well as going to the game.
Devongone and Lord Snooty like this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Whilst I take the point about consistency being part of the requirement to achieve at a higher level, I would point out that Sorba Thomas is not the only player at Huddersfield who appears to have suffered due to inconsistency in selection, the running of the club and the attitude of some of the "fans" to him. You can hardly expect consistency in individuals if you provide them with an inconsistent experience and environment.

There is a world of difference between no-one having a divine right to a place in the team and players not-knowing what is expected of them and being jeered when they are on the pitch. Were you worrying about Sorba's consistency when Corboran was managing and you were heading for the play-offs? I don't think so. Monday was the real Sorba Thomas.

Sorba's delivery on crosses is dangerous because he tries to do more on the ball than most other players. His crosses have both power and dip. At worst they trouble defenders and keepers. At best they alone provide the power for any successful strike on goal. BUT when he gets it slightly wrong it looks as though Sorba couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. That's the price of the technique.

My opinion is that you need a more consistent base to your team, so that a young or new player brought in can know what is happening and understand what is being asked of him. In Rudoni and Thomas you have a duo who obviously want to work together, are good players and will create chances for you. They should feel central to your plan of attack, but do they?

Kyle Hudlin? He isn't a terrible player. He has some skills on the deck. But would I sign him for Chesterfield? I'd rather sign Levi Amantchi back on, one of our former juniors, who is now looking the part for Maidstone United. That should tell you all you need to know about Kyle.

I will however give you a player your new owner could get you if he is interested in your future. I watched him last night. His name is George Nevett. He is 17 and plays centre back for Rochdale. If you talked to them now, you might be able to buy him come Christmas and loan him back to Rochdale to finish the season. If you don't do it, one of your rivals, like Preston will, before the Manchester and Liverpool scouts start sniffing. He made a goal with a dream pass and it wasn't a fluke, he produced several others. He is the real deal. Why he is at Rochdale I don't know.
Lord Snooty and theo_luddite like this post
Hi Theo, pre and post match beers are restricted to 0.0% beers until further notice I’m afraid. Which is a shame because I got a case of Magic Rock beers as a get well soon present but I can’t touch them until I’m off the painkillers which is likely to be mid October.
Oh, well, those 2 weeks will soon pass Wakey - should be off the strong-un's by the next International Break hopefully. Then you can let rip with the liquid pain killers again. Thumb up

As Warnock said about Hudlin Devon, "he'll get better when he stops growing".
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Thumbs Up 
(27-09-2023, 18:20)WakeyTerrier Wrote: Hi Theo, pre and post match beers are restricted to 0.0% beers until further notice I’m afraid. Which is a shame because I got a case of Magic Rock beers as a get well soon present but I can’t touch them until I’m off the painkillers which is likely to be mid October.

Large Thumb up to magic rock beers.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »