Thread Rating:
Thistle, Broom and Bluebell
In fully supporting 0762's and Lord Snooty's comments, tomorrow sees the Big Cup Final at Hampden at the ridiculous time of 5.30pm. Personally I cannot understand why the two Cup Finals couldn't be on separate dates, but that's all too late now.

The Diddy Cup curtain-raiser for this is between City and United somewhere in London, but the main event raises two major points. Can Celtic steamroller their way over ICT as expected or can Super Caley roll back the years and humble the strong favourites once again. Caley have nothing to lose so it's worth a supreme effort from them. Celtic on the other hand might miss out on another treble, which would be a tragedy for them. I feel that it boils down to Kyogo's form and fitness.

Anyway, most neutrals like me will be supporting ICT and hope for a good competitive game from the underdogs.
Cabbage is still good for you
We're on our way to Glasgow now to cheer on Caley. Should have been there already but for the A66 closing.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
Got here three hours late.  Doh

Now watching the 1988 final on telly in the hotel room. Dundee Utd v Celtic.

What tae f*** is Thatcher doing there?
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
This Scot Cup final was famous in a political sense and it is highlighted in a BBC documentary (Scotland the Brave?) re the changing face of Scottish politics and the significantly changing attitude of people in Scotland in dismissing interfering Tory governments they never vote for and gradually moving towards devolution and eventual self-determination for Scotland. The ill-advised proposed experimental poll tax imposed on Scotland and Thatcher's presence in Scotland resulted in one of the biggest anti-Thatcher/Brit govt demonstrations ever seen at a big sporting occasion on a perfect sunny afternoon at Hampden Park. Before the KO, all fans at the stadium displaying orchestrated placards telling Thatcher exactly where to go and a total embarrassment for her and her Tory entourage together with the SFA idiots who stupidly and insensitively invited her to that final in 1988. Lets just say she was not welcome to this event!
Lord Snooty likes this post
One nil down at half time. Not bad considering.

Amelia's just coming round now after walking nearly two miles to Hampden. It's a bit warm. Sick Blush

Great seats by the way. Sat just in front of Eildh Barbour and the pundits.
What a second half. Unlucky to go two down just as we were getting on top. Almost equalised.

Then when we pulled one back, I was sure the equaliser was coming, but it wasn't to be.

Long exhausting walk back to the hotel. Blush
ritchiebaby and Amelia Chaffinch like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »