Thread Rating:
FA Cup 5th round
Bradford v Fulham would be dire from a viewing perspective and would be dire from an atmosphere perspective with virtually no away fans there!! But I do agree that they should have been rewarded with one of the game regardless. At the end of the day there are 5 of the 8 games live on tv and they should have had one of those spots!!

Looking at the draw, Blackburn v Stoke (assuming they get through) could be interesting. There really are no standout ties in this round, just the way the balls fell I suppose, but there could have been some much better games had they come out differently.
Stoke did get through, SCO. They won at Spotland on Monday night, 4-1.
Missed that one!!! That would be an interesting game. Really the tv companies should be honour-bound to show the games where lower league teams face prem teams at home, that is what the cup is all about!!
I don't like how BT Sports pick the best games and the BBC have to make do with the Ok games.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
(29-01-2015, 00:48)spireitematt Wrote: I don't like how BT Sports pick the best games and the BBC have to make do with the Ok games.

I would assume they paid more for their package than the Beeb did, so get first dibs!!
(29-01-2015, 01:04)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(29-01-2015, 00:48)spireitematt Wrote: I don't like how BT Sports pick the best games and the BBC have to make do with the Ok games.

I would assume they paid more for their package than the Beeb did, so get first dibs!!

I suppose. The BBC are picking the wrong games to broadcast if they want cup upsets.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
spireitema Wrote:
St Charles Owl Wrote:
spireitematt Wrote:I don't like how BT Sports pick the best games and the BBC have to make do with the Ok games.

I suppose. The BBC are picking the wrong games to broadcast if they want cup upsets.

I think the Beeb want ratings so that they can justify what they pay on football to the taxpayers and the government!! Therefore they will pick the best supported teams whenever they can.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »