Thread Rating:
The Window Is Wide Open: Come On In
Woking have released Kacper Lopata.

Polish international at all levels to U-21.

6' 4" tall, strong and good on the ball. Still young.

We should sign him up now. It may be a problem that he is better than our captain, but aren't they the problems we need?
If it were up to me I'd be trying to bring in Debra from Halifax too. Defends well and has a useful long throw. A back three of Palmer, Lopata and Debra looks a winner to me.

I'd be trying to take Conteh from Gateshead too for midfield, he wouldn't break even our bank.
Debra and Dobra in the same team ?
Phil Tooley will have a field day.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
Yeah I liked that too. Luckily Dobra is very unlikely to win any of Debra's long throws.

Tooley wouldn't be able to resist it. Imagine the battle between Debra and Dobra for player of the year.

When I said earlier I would be looking at finding a young, possibly Premier League goalkeeper and playing him as first choice if he were capable of keeping a decent No2 keeper out of the team I was thinking of players like:-

James Beadle - Brighton, 18, England international U15 - U19. Played 9 games for Crewe, injured ankle returned to Brighton. A full season with us would do him good. Brighton can't stop signing and producing top players.

Palmi Arinbjornsson - Wolves, Icelandic U19 international, only 19 and has been loaned out to Norway.

Jordan Amissah - 18, giant German at Sheff Utd. Was loaned to Burton Albion.

I'm only guessing, but I bet they're all better than Frozen Fitzsimmons, desperate to play at the steelworks.
Chadwick has been offered a contract extension. Someone must think he has potential. He's a big tall lad and looks like a keeper. Time will tell If he is. Presume he will be second choice but at least we have kept him on.
I agree Chadwick looks like a keeper. If he's good enough he's getting round to being old enough. And you never become good enough unless you play at something like the level you want to be. A year on he might then become too good for us!

James Beadle is with the England U-20 squad but didn't get the call in the win against Tunisia.
Under contract 2023/24

Jeff King

Ryheem Sheckleford

Ash Palmer

Tyrone Williams

Jamie Grimes

Laurence Maguire

Bailey Clements

Branden Horton

Ollie Banks

Darren Oldaker

Tom Whelan

Liam Mandeville

Armando Dobra

Ryan Colclough

Akwasi Asante

Joe Quigley

Danny Rowe

Michael Gyasi

Released

Jack Clarke

Emmanuel Oyeleke

Ross Fitzsimons

Offered new contract

Jesurun Uchegbulam – option triggered on contract extension

Mike Jones

Luke Chadwick

Loanees who have returned to parent clubs

Tim Akinola – Arsenal

Paul McCallum – Dagenham & Redbridge

Andrew Dallas Solihull Moors

Lucas Covolan – Port Vale

If I was in charge I would sell Whelan, Rowe, Gyasi and Asante, possibly Quigley. Would offer a contract to Dallas if his contract at Solihull was up but can see him going to a team in L2. If Arsenal release Akinola then he should be offered a contract but can't see that happening. I would bring in Grant Smith or Richard O'Donnell as keepers although Rochdale might want a fee for O'Donnell. I'd go bring in Kane Drummond from Macclesfield and 1 other centre forward that's if Dallas would be willing to sign. A forward/striker who would suit this league is Armand but he's playing for Le Mans in the 3 division of the French league.

Alexander Duhameau who is in the youth team who has been on loan at Matlock and scored the winner in the U23 cup final should be promoted to the first team alongside another future prospect Archie White.

Two main areas for the squad is the goalkeeping situation and striking options. The defence and midfield in my opinion is good enough as it is.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
(24-05-2023, 14:17)spireitematt Wrote: Under contract 2023/24

Jeff King

Ryheem Sheckleford

Ash Palmer

Tyrone Williams

Jamie Grimes

Laurence Maguire

Bailey Clements

Branden Horton

Ollie Banks

Darren Oldaker

Tom Whelan

Liam Mandeville

Armando Dobra

Ryan Colclough

Akwasi Asante

Joe Quigley

Danny Rowe

Michael Gyasi

Released

Jack Clarke

Emmanuel Oyeleke

Ross Fitzsimons

Offered new contract

Jesurun Uchegbulam – option triggered on contract extension

Mike Jones

Luke Chadwick

Loanees who have returned to parent clubs

Tim Akinola – Arsenal

Paul McCallum – Dagenham & Redbridge

Andrew Dallas Solihull Moors

Lucas Covolan – Port Vale

If I was in charge I would sell Whelan, Rowe, Gyasi and Asante, possibly Quigley. Would offer a contract to Dallas if his contract at Solihull was up but can see him going to a team in L2. If Arsenal release Akinola then he should be offered a contract but can't see that happening. I would bring in Grant Smith or Richard O'Donnell as keepers although Rochdale might want a fee for O'Donnell. I'd go bring in Kane Drummond from Macclesfield and 1 other centre forward that's if Dallas would be willing to sign. A forward/striker who would suit this league is Armand but he's playing for Le Mans in the 3 division of the French league.

Alexander Duhameau who is in the youth team who has been on loan at Matlock and scored the winner in the U23 cup final should be promoted to the first team alongside another future prospect Archie White.

Two main areas for the squad is the goalkeeping situation and striking options. The defence and midfield in my opinion is good enough as it is.

Matt, you would have to pay someone to take on Rowe. He's had it. Probably our highest earner I would think. It's a shame but he needs to be paid off somehow. That could take a lot of the budget
Here is a surprise - I don't think the keeper, the defence, the midfield or the attack is up to standard.

I'd be happy to sign Dallas and Akinola. Even McCallum.

Can't see anyone buying Quigley so we're stuck there - part-swapsies maybe, if he'll go.

I'd like to unload Grimes, Maguire, Horton, Oldaker, Whelan, Asante, Rowe and Gyasi.

Our defence was okay with Notts County chipping the ball up for Grimes to head away, but most teams with Langstaff in them wouldn't have been that obliging. Wouldn't you rather have Halifax's centre half?

Our midfield needs refreshing. Whelan spends all his time on loan and Oldaker and Banks duplicate each other. Asante will never re-find himself with us. Gyasi's loans didn't make us a player. And Danny Rowe's great but when he's not injured he's ill, to go with being old.

I was singing Kane Drummond's praises when he was at Warrington Rylands. I'd like either Dackers from Salford or Ibie from Dagenham as an up front option. And I'd rather have Gateshead's midfielder Conteh than most of our current options.

I wouldn't sign Richard O'Donnell. He made several important mistakes during Rochdale's relegation. I would sign a potentially high class young keeper. He would enliven our defence.

I'd have liked Zico Asare from Maidstone but we look over-fullbacked.

The questions are what we can afford, who we can get rid of and how many we can bring in ........

if anything were possible,I'd ditch almost any three of our current crop to bring back Sam Clucas, released by Stoke ......

Jones earned his contract offer! And if I were Ollie Banks I'd be looking to move back to central defence.
Chesterfield have signed Alfreton midfielder Bailey Hobson on a two-year deal.

The 20-year-old is the first player to join the Spireites this summer.

I am struggling to breathe. I spent last season advocating us signing this lad. He seems to play every week and he always seems to put in a decent shift. Right age, wants to better himself.

BLIMEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »