Thread Rating:
Hibs v Rangers, Sun 21 May, KO noon
This will be a tough match v a footie team that Hibs don't beat very often and certainly haven't done it for a long time although previously suckered by some glaring ref gaffes (or bias?) when it comes to playing this lot. A big Hibs crowd expected at ER Stadium on Sunday and I'd like to see Hibs follow on from Pittodrie with some more good form that was played v a jaded Dons' team last Saturday, but with much-needed goals added to the performance. We need to "battle" and try to dominate the midfield area to have any chance of beating them. They are playing a "dead rubber" match and seeing out the season, whereas Hibs definitely have something to play for and be fully committed to attaining a valuable win on Sunday. However, it still won't be an easy task. This is the second post-"split" fixture, and as commented in one of my previous threads - try to win as many post-"split" matches as poss and see where it gets us. C'mon Hibs - give it your best shot in front of a huge Hibs support!

GGTTH
Sevco are on a high after winning the ultimate dead rubber cup last weekend against their rivals, who were playing a 2nd string defence and without their top scorer.

Whereas we will be facing them, the officials and their scummy, deranged supporters who revel in their racism and bigotry. Scotlands Shame will hopefully be on the receiving end of a defeat.
0762 likes this post
Oh well. That was pretty rotten, the players didnae look up for it at all. The empty seats in the stand were a joke considering what was at stake for Hibs.

A goalkeeping howler and spurning two or three gilt edged chances to score aside, we didn't do enough against a team with nothing to play for. Again you have to question the tactics and game management from LJ, was blatantly obvious which hun players should have been getting marked, our press is all over the place, Tavpen given acres of space all day. And thats before you get to that rabid hun Muir giving them free kicks for absolutely nothing.

I don't really care where we finish now, i'd get shot of Johnson and refresh for next campaign. That post match from him was f*cking deluded crap, full of self congratulatory guff.

The highpoint of the afternoon was seeing some Sevco ultras getting an absolute skelping up the town.
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
That more or less sums up my post-match analysis starting with three words - MARSHALL GAFFES AGAIN!!!!! Thumb down How many times has he done this to Hibs during the season????? Btw Rocky, our ex- goalie, apparently sitting in the West Stand watching Hibs this afternoon - is this an indicator re our iffy goalie situation and Hibs redress on the way??? We didn't need another goalie error like this one although I'm glad this ref, Muir, has been mentioned and vilified. That was never a free kick in a month of Sundays and for Marshall to embarrassingly concede to that tight-angled shot was a "slap in the face" for all Hibs fans in the stadium. That Tory Hun, DRoss, running the line as well!!! Rolleyes And Muir literally gave them every decision going, up to the point when they scored that crazy 1st goal in the 1st half. I agree they played this match like the "dead rubber" it was for them (a B team line-up as well) while certain Hibs players not up for it, Marshall not helping team spirit with that gaffe all the same!! Youann just doing his usual "running up a dead end alley" routine. Hendo as a sub??? You don't play him in this type of match and he was useless again - he could hardly even pass a ball properly from A to B!!! He'll be gone in the summer IMO. Campbell? Crap and "off the pace" of the game! Nisbet?? Start scoring the crucial goals son!!! This game could've been so different if this guy could've lifted team confidence by taking some of the goal opps that cropped up. Hibs needed a goal to make Rangers uncomfortable - couldn't do it and there were still goal opps "up for grabs" in this match. No surprise that Hanlon scored the consolation goal - one of few Hibs players with pass marks. Also the issues re Johnson's managerial skills prevail just like before. As previously stated, I believe Johnson has limited motivational skills as well as limited tactical nous esp during testy matches. It has become clear to many Hibs fans that certain players "show up" for a game when it suits them - not good enough. In this case I think Hibs should bring back "match win bonuses" - not a perfect solution, but it is one way to deal with this kinda problem. Anyway, we move on to Hibs v the Hoops at ER next Wednesday. God only knows how that will unfold!!?
ritchiebaby likes this post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba...rness.html

Note Alan Muir was one of the trio of ref officials who soured the name of Scottish footie in that infamous 2015 Meekings incident v Celtic all these years ago. He was the AR who chose to ignore Meekings clear handbaw/pk-red card offence when standing about 4 feet away to the left of ICT's near post/goal line. This guy has been a rotten, irritating referee who has somehow still been allowed to officiate Scot footie matches up to now - another joke of a Scottish referee, and not the only one!! He has hardly improved after years of trying!!! Bizarre!!
I have to add as well the policing and safety aspects of getting into the ground today were highly dangerous. I only missed the first 5 mins but something much more serious might have happened.
I arrived at ER Stadium earlier than normal and immediately noticed a higher level of security searching compared with previous matches. I'm guessing Police and stewards were part of a more intense operation to get at offenders carrying pyrotech devices after all the criticism that has been going on for months culminating in that recent choking smoky debacle at Hampden Park in the Scottish Cup semi-final involving the Ugly Sisters, a disgrace btw! I noticed some Hun scumbags still sadly flaunting flares/smoke bombs during the match, but not many this time. Therefore, I'm assuming some of the usual offenders have been apprehended and charged. I hope that is the case because this type of offence has dragged on for too long and become totally unacceptable. Also sad to say, the expected toxic Hun sectarianism materialised as usual and not a few chanting fans either. Good to see a lotta Hibs fans booing this shit down and IMO still not enough being done to stamp out this nonsense once and for all as football/soccer is a sport and not a "platform of hate" esp this sick form of hatred and intimidation.
I don't know what was more embarrassing , the bigoted backwards songbook from their supporters or Beales "i've won more points than ange since i arrived" schtick post match... They have lost the league, and been papped out of 2 cups by his team ffs Laugh Laugh Laugh Beale constantly makes it about him - the number one mistake a manager can make. Gerrard was the same.

They have won the same amount of trophies as St Johnstone over the last 7 seasons. There is a stat for you Beale ya tube.
0762 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »