Thread Rating:
Aberdeen v Hibs, Sat 12 May, KO 3.00pm
I think this will be a challenge for Hibs v a rejuvenated Dons' team proving what a difference a competent incoming replacement coach can have on a group of players. Hibs previously inflicted a record 6-0 thrashing on them resulting in their coach, Jim Goodwin, finally "throwing in the towel" and leaving the club almost immediately after the game had ended. Hence there's no doubt they will be well up for this game. Hibs will need to match that commitment if they are gonna gain anything from this encounter. The fight for 3rd place will certainly open up if Hibs win the game and I'd hope that Johnson plays near enough the same Hibs line-up that "hit them for six" at Easter Road Stadium, the premise being they know how to beat them. The serious commitment really must prevail all the same. C'mon Hibs.

GGTTH
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/aberdeen-0-hibs-0

FT and Hibs inflict a massive 0-0 thrashing of the Dons this afternoon at Pittodrie lol!!! Laugh Keeper's heroics????? It's a pity Boyly wasn't available for the game. This was a joke in dominating a football match v a jaded looking AFC and not being clinical in the striking dept with Nisbet and Youann not doing themselves any favours whatsoever!!! And hitting the AFC posts four times???? Some of these great scoring opps really should've been dispatched in the AFC goal net, nae messing about!! The profligacy in front of goal was jaw dropping for a team that had so much forward forays to make a difference and "spoil the Euro Cup Winners Cup winning anniversary" party to pick up the 3 pts. I must say this particular draw, albeit being a reasonable result, is very hard to "take on the chin"!!! And Hibs are clearly a better side than the Dons based on all the games played v them this season - this was a ridiculously unfair result. As for Nisbet and his record of not scoring very important pks when they are badly needed to be converted??? However, the Dons' goalie looked well off his goal line - what happened to the clear rule on retaking said pk and the proper use of VAR!!!??? Another player with a temperamental issue!! ONE POINT GAINED - SHOULD'VE BEEN THREE POINTS!! This could've been a 0-4 or 0-5 thrashing! We move on to the next fixture.

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
I really am lost for words at how we didn't win that game. Mindblowing really. That should have been a 3 goal victory.

We are 2 or 3 players away from being a very decent side i reckon, whether thats going to be with LJ or not i don't know, i still have doubts about him.
People used to say that the defence always let us down. It's the goalscorers that are letting us down and have done for the past month or so.
Cabbage is still good for you
Yep! Both Nisbet and Youann are goal scorers with limitations attached to them. We've seen their frailties in other matches when they just "can't score for toffee", but this particular match has really exposed these failings. Re Youann, he performed very well and was clearly well up for this game - sadly spoilt his overall performance with a lack of striking accuracy and nous. I'm just hoping Hibs move on their good form as a team and continue to the next match with "goals in their locker". Rangers next; it won't be easy, but not an impossible venture in a probable full ER stadium.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »