Thread Rating:
Vegan news
League Two strugglers Forest Green Rovers have signed Manchester United midfielder Maxi Oyedele on loan until the end of the season.

The 19-year-old was born in Salford and joined United aged eight but has represented the Poland Under-19 side.

Oyedele had a loan spell with Altrincham in the National League last season, scoring four goals in 12 games.

"Maxi is a wonderful talent and we're extremely lucky to have him here," Rovers head coach Troy Deeney said.

"The fans will enjoy watching him and we need to make sure we get him in a place where he can showcase his talent."

Oyedele said he was "very excited" to join Forest Green adding he will "bring energy, professionalism and quality" to the club.

"I will let loose and give it my all. I believe we can climb up the table, that's why I've come here, so I'll be doing everything I can to help with that," he said.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

League Two's bottom club Forest Green Rovers have signed midfielder Emmanuel Osadebe from Bradford City for an undisclosed fee.

The 27-year-old has made 21 appearances in all competitions for the Bantams this season, having joined in 2022.

His former clubs include Cambridge, Newport County, Walsall and Gillingham.

Osadebe is their fifth signing this month after Alex Gorrin, Dominic Thompson, Tommy Simkin and Maxi Oyedele.

"I know it's the best place to be right now. I know it may not look it because of the position they are in but I feel like I can come in here, hit the ground running, get some positivity round the place and it's a job that we can get done," Osadebe told BBC Radio Gloucestershire.

"It's all about implementing what the gaffer wants, sticking together, believing that we can do what we need to do and win games."

League Two strugglers Forest Green have re-signed striker Christian Doidge on a permanent transfer from Hibernian.

The 31-year-old made 122 appearances for the club between 2016 and 2019, scoring 66 times to become their all-time record goalscorer.

He memorably scored at Wembley in the promotion final when Forest Green went up to the English Football League (EFL) for the first time.

"I always had a feeling I'd be back," Doidge said.

"I love it here. To come back to a club where I've had so many memories, it made so much sense. It's a fantastic football club and I've had my most enjoyable moments here. Hopefully that happens again."

The Welshman joined Hibs in 2019, after a loan spell with Bolton Wanderers, and went on to play 148 times for the Scottish Premiership side, scoring 41 goals.

Doidge becomes Forest Green's sixth signing of the January transfer window and the first since Steve Cotterill took over as manager last week.

Forest Green Rovers have signed Norwich goalkeeper Vicente Reyes on a seven-day emergency loan.

Rovers coach Steve Cotterill saw his number one goalkeeper Luke Daniels pick-up an injury in Saturday's 4-0 home defeat against Mansfield.

The 20-year-old Chile Under-23 international was named in the starting line-up for Tuesday's League Two game at Barrow just hours after signing.

Reyes arrived at Carrow Road from Atlanta United 2 in summer 2023.

He kept two clean sheets in four games while on loan at Braintree of National League South earlier this season.

Matty Stevens and Dominic Bernard have been released by Forest Green Rovers, external following the club's relegation to the National League.

Stevens scored 23 goals and Bernard made 34 appearances in Rovers' League Two title-winning season in 2021-22.

Former Derby County captain Richard Keogh is another among the players to be released, having joined as a free agent in February.

Nathan Holland, Darnell Johnson, Jordon Garrick, Sean Robertson, Alex Gorrin, Fankaty Dabo, David Davis, Reece Brown and Luke Daniels are also leaving the Gloucestershire club.

Forest Green finished bottom of League Two this season, ending a six-year spell in the English Football League.

Steve Cotterill announced he would stay on as manager earlier in April.

"I’ve loved my time at Forest Green," Stevens, 26, told the club's official website., external

"I’ve enjoyed so many good moments and the promotion to League One was incredible.

"To the fans, you’ve been brilliant with me - I appreciate every one of you."

Stevens scored 51 goals in 133 appearances for the club since joining from Peterborough in 2019, scoring 11 times in his final season.

Bernard, who made 186 appearances, said Forest Green's promotion-winning season was "something I’ll never forget" with the club adding both he and Stevens has been "fantastic servants".

Forest Green Rovers have signed experienced Cheltenham Town duo Liam Sercombe and Sean Long.

The pair - who rejected new contract offers at the Robins and will become free agents - are Rovers' first signings since they were relegated to the National League following seven seasons in the English Football League (EFL).

Midfielder Sercombe, 34, has played 579 times in the EFL for the likes of Exeter City, Oxford United and Bristol Rovers, and scored 11 goals last season as Cheltenham were relegated from League One.

Long, 29, captained the club last season and the defender made more than 200 EFL appearances for the Robins.

“I had a really good four years at Cheltenham, but I feel like it’s the right time to turn down the contract offered and find a new challenge," Sercombe told the Forest Green Rovers website.

“It’s an ambitious club – now with Steve [Cotterill] in control and the career he’s had, I’m excited to learn from him. I feel this is the perfect fit for me.

“It excites me to try and get Forest Green back to the Football League. I’m as hungry as ever and I want to be in a winning side to get that promotion.”

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »