Thread Rating:
Canaries news
Luton Town have brought in Netherlands goalkeeper Tim Krul from Norwich City.

Krul, 35, becomes the 10th new signing made this summer by the Premier League newcomers.

He leaves Carrow Road after five seasons and 169 appearances, during which time he twice won the Championship.

With Krul departing, the Canaries have brought in George Long on a free transfer from Millwall.

Krul, capped 15 times by his country, brings Premier League experience to Luton, having previously spent six seasons with Newcastle United in the top flight.

Get more Luton Town content all in one place
He will compete alongside Belgian Thomas Kaminski, who arrived at Kenilworth Road this summer from Blackburn Rovers.

"Tim has been an outstanding servant for Norwich City," sporting director Stuart Webber told the club's website. "He has been a top class goalkeeper and leader during his time with the club."

New Canaries goalkeeper Long spent two seasons at The Den and played 37 Championship games last season for Millwall.

The 29-year-old will provide support for Scotland keeper Angus Gunn.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Norwich City have signed Pedro Lima on a season's loan from Sao Paulo-based Brazilian side Palmeiras.

The 20-year-old Brazilian midfielder will wear the distinctive yellow Norwich shirt initially as part of the Canaries' Under-21s side.

"I'm very excited. I'm very happy to be joining. Wearing these colours is very special to me," he said.

Lima, who has been in the Brazil Under-20s squad, made his Palmeiras debut in April in the Copa Libertadores.

He admitted that the presence of fellow Brazilian Gabriel Sara at Norwich was a factor in him choosing Carrow Road.

"Sara has been amazing here," he said. "It's a club that uses a lot of young players so for me that's a big point.

"It's my first experience in football out of Brazil. Football in England is famous for being one of the best in the world. It's going to be a great experience and I hope I can do well here."

Norwich, now under David Wagner in their second season back in the Championship, have begun the campaign unbeaten in four games, with two home league wins, a 4-4 draw at Southampton and a safe passage to the EFL Cup second round.

Norwich City loanee Hwang Ui-jo could be the perfect cover for the injured Josh Sargent, according to a South Korean football journalist.

South Korea forward Hwang, 31, appeared as a substitute in Tuesday's friendly against Saudi Arabia at St James' Park.

And Hwang could now make his Canaries debut at Carrow Road on Saturday against Stoke City in the Championship.

"He has similar characteristics and attributes, he's a hard worker," Sungmo Lee told BBC Radio Norfolk.

USA forward Sargent will be out for months, having suffered an ankle injury while scoring in the win at Huddersfield last month.

Hwang was brought in as cover on transfer deadline day, signing a season-long loan deal from Premier League club Nottingham Forest.

He will compete with Adam Idah and Ashley Barnes for a place in the City front line as the Canaries look to bounce back from a 2-1 defeat at Rotherham before the international break.

Hwang in action against Saudi Arabia in Newcastle
Hwang has scored 17 goals in 58 games for South Korea, who beat Saudi Arabi 1-0 at Newcastle
Hwang has yet to play a competitive game for Nottingham Forest following his arrival from French side Bordeaux, where he scored in 29 goals in 92 league appearances, in August last year.

He was soon sent for game time with Olympiakos in Greece and followed that with a loan spell at FC Seoul in his homeland.

"It was all about competition I think," Sungmo told this week's Scrimmage podcast.

"Hwang tried to challenge in the Premier League after his successful time in France but for the manager's philosophy or for pure competitiveness, Hwang was a bit short when it came to playing for Nottingham Forest.

"When he is in form he is really one of the best strikers in the world. He can score from anywhere on the pitch, left side, right side, anywhere. He's not too big or too tall but he's great in the air considering his height."

He added: "The Norwich manager needs to play him regularly to regain his form because after he left Bordeaux he has had ups and downs and difficulty adapting in the new leagues.

"If you can use him well you can have a very happy surprise this season."

Norwich City's United States forward Josh Sargent has signed a new contract.

The 23-year-old - who is currently sidelined with an ankle injury he picked up in August - has committed to the Canaries until the summer of 2028.

He scored three goals in Norwich's first four games of the season before his injury and has scored 20 times since an £8m move to Carrow Road from Werder Bremen in the summer of 2021.

He played in all three of the USA's games at last year's World Cup.

Listen to BBC Radio Norfolk's The Scrimmage podcast
"I've liked this club ever since coming here, they're doing really good things. I see myself as being a big part of the team moving forward," Sargent told the club website.

"I really want to get promoted with this club, it's the biggest thing.

Josh Sargent was injured against Huddersfield
Josh Sargent has not played since being injured after scoring for Norwich against Huddersfield in August
"I had a very good start to the season. I just want to get back as soon as possible to keep that momentum going.

"I will continue to do everything I can to help the team, to work as hard as I can, and I promise many more goals."

Norwich City sporting director Stuart Webber added: "Josh continues to develop into a player that can play at the highest level, and we're excited that he will continue that journey with us.

"We've been keen to make sure our younger players are committed to longer contracts and believe in the vision of the club going forward."

Norwich City have announced that the loan deal for striker Hwang Ui-jo has been cut short.

The South Korea international is currently sidelined with a hamstring injury which looks set to keep him out of action for six weeks. He has returned to parent club, Nottingham Forest.

Hwang was recently suspended by South Korea pending a police inquiry.

The 31-year-old initially joined the Canaries on a season-long loan in September 2023.

Norwich City have signed striker Sydney van Hooijdonk from Italian club Bologna on loan for the rest of the season.

The 23-year-old is the son of Pierre van Hooijdonk, who played for Celtic and Nottingham Forest in the 1990s and won 46 caps for the Netherlands.

Van Hooijdonk has made 11 appearances for Bologna this season, scoring once, having spent much of the last two campaigns on loan at Heerenveen.

He is Norwich's first signing of the January transfer window.

"Sydney is a player of real pedigree and potential, having already had some fantastic experiences in his career to date," Canaries' sporting director Ben Knapper told the club's website.

"We're excited to continue that journey with him, and as both a person and player we feel he's a great fit for our environment and strategy."

Norwich are ninth in the Championship, three points outside the play-off places, ahead of Saturday's home game against Coventry City.

Norwich City midfielder Jacob Sorensen has signed a new 12-month contract with an option for a further year.

The Dane made 17 appearances in 2023-24, having missed the first half of the season with a pelvic injury.

Defenders Ben Gibson and Dimitris Giannoulis will leave Carrow Road when their contracts expire this summer, having each played more than 100 games for the club.

And the Canaries have decided not to take up an option to sign striker Sydney van Hooijdonk from Italian club Bologna following a loan spell.

The Dutchman, son of former Celtic and Nottingham Forest forward Pierre van Hooijdonk, played 12 games for the Canaries without scoring, all of them from the bench.

Defenders Sam McCallum and Danny Batth and goalkeeper Jon McCracken have also been released by the club.

Keeper Archie Mair has agreed a new deal, similar to that of Sorensen, after spending the second half of the season on loan at Morecambe, and 19-year-old forward Ken Aboh has been offered a new contract, having made his debut in a 5-0 win over Rotherham United in March.

Winger Christos Tzolis, meanwhile, remains on loan at Fortuna Dusseldorf, who have the option to sign him on a permanent basis.

Norwich are looking for a new head coach after David Wagner was sacked in the wake of their 4-0 aggregate defeat by Leeds United in the Championship play-offs.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »