Thread Rating:
Saint Johnstone v Hibs, Sat 22 April, KO 3.00pm
So the the last pre-"split" match looms closer and its importance to HFC is emphasised. It looks like Kuharevich is doubtful with a slight hamstring strain. Lotsa Hibees clearly heading north to give the boys ample backing. What to expect? Well I expect Hibs to play to win this match v opponents who are currently in disarray, hardly won a match, but still fighting against the threat of relegation. We've just won a derby match and should not require much motivation to "grab the initiative" and achieve the objective of winning this game thereby ensuring there is no doubt re other match results affecting Hibs post -"split" position. I'm aware this particular footie club has been a bogey to Hibs in previous seasons particularly in important matches. However, that Saints' team has changed significantly and it is time for Johnson and Hibs to focus on what they do well and progressing positively towards the post-"split" fixture list. C'mon Hibs! Don't slip up please!!

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
Just back and good to see Hibs progress to compete in the post-"split" top six fixture list. A 1-1 score line, BUT ALL THE CHAT CENTRES ON THE CRAP REF SYSTEM IN PLACE - ONE THAT DECIDED ON A LEGITIMATE BALL-WINNING TACKLE BY JEGGO SOMEHOW DESERVING A RED CARD???????????????????????? Diabolical and again I am "fed up to the back teeth" re debating poor refereeing that has hurt us!! Saints goal was scored from a corner kick that most fans could see was a goal kick (Hanlon kicked it off a blue player for a goal kick!!) - apart from that dreadful referee who one could already perceive was gonna be awful after about the 1st 10 mins of open play!! This guy was totally "out of his depth" and it showed - the crass Jeggo decision just summed him up!! And then the VAR official amazingly didn't overrule him and confirm one good reason why VAR has been introduced to the Scot Prem! He deemed this wrong ref decision to be OK and should never be given another Scot Prem match to officiate again in my humble opinion!! Hibs were compromised in not pushing on to try and win this match and this is not the 1st time this has happened btw!! Today's controversial decision (imagine if that was Celtic or Rangers, esp after their recent extreme reaction to ref Clancy - it wouldn't happen!) is well up there as one of the worst, and deserving of an official SFA apology or a vigorous Aberdeen FC style criticism by HFC of said gaffes by ref and VAR on an innocent Hibs player. Plus we've lost ground on Hertz and gained 1 pt on AFC!! Hibs should be much closer to their Scot Prem position had it not been for various crass ref-VAR decisions that really have messed us about. Anyway, we have progressed to the top six and leapfrogged Saint Mirren to take up the 5th place on GD. Hibs must appeal that Jeggo red card and support the player 100% on this issue.

GGTTH
I really fancied us to go on and win the game after we scored, but VAR and the ref put paid to that. Possibly the softest red all season.
That said we are frustratingly inconsistent side, the first half wasn't really good enough - 3rd now is out our reach. We just need to try and get enough points for a euro spot now.

Marshall is increasingly looking like he has hit a wall.
Hats off to Saints for decent ticket prices for families on the day. We need more of that in our game.
Aye! We need a miracle to attain 3rd place now. All they can do is try to compete and win as many games as poss. As discussed previously with ritchie, I'm not bothered re attaining a Euro footie slot as it can be devastating to any progress in the domestic footie season. The Euro money is always the attraction, but it is normally acquired at a huge cost to the fortunes of any competing footie club.
(23-04-2023, 10:16)hibeejim21 Wrote: I really fancied us to go on and win the game after we scored, but VAR and the ref put paid to that. Possibly the softest red all season.
That said we are frustratingly inconsistent side, the first half wasn't really good enough - 3rd now is out our reach. We just need to try and get enough points for a euro spot now.

Marshall is increasingly looking like he has hit a wall.
Hats off to Saints for decent ticket prices for families on the day. We need more of that in our game.

As expected, James Jeggo's red card is rescinded, BUT THE DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE IN ONE OF MANY FIXTURES FOR HIBS DOWN THE YEARS WHERE WE'VE LOST LEAGUE POINTS DUE TO WRONG, UNFAIR DECISIONS CALLED BY POOR REFEREES OR VAR.
We have had some incredible decisions go against us this season. Seen better refereeing in games down the pitz.
Decisions "against the colours" ritchie????? Who knows eh!! I've seen some very suspicious ones down the decades all the same, but always difficult to prove if it's biased or sheer incompetence. However, they don't happen too often to either of the Ugly Sisters and that raises rightful questions re this whole issue.
I think we should be producing an 8-page report on this sending-off and subsequent weakening of our team. Whistle
Cabbage is still good for you
AFC's recent frustration v the SFA re a similar issue is clearly the "test case". Hibs not far behind. Indeed, I think our position historically is worse than the Dons' predicament.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »