Thread Rating:
Hibs 1 Hertz 0 - a welcome win after too long a period of waiting!
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibs-1-hearts-0

So, after nine consecutive fixtures v Hertz, Hibs finally win a Derby match and attain such a sweet victory in front of a near capacity crowd (first time for quite a while where Hibs have achieved such a positive result with the ER stands full up!) on a glorious sunny afternoon in Leith. How fitting that the Hibs anthem, Sunshine on Leith, was bellowed out after the final whistle by 1000s of joyful Hibees who appreciated the effort and resolve the boys put in to ensure they won this game v a Hertz side that was poor and looked like they lack a great deal of confidence and belief at the moment. Also Snodgrass now absent from their midfield, but hasn't had any effect in their previous five fixtures/defeats anyway. Hibs really should've won this game by two or three goals and I must say I can't figure out why certain players, who have skilfully got into a position behind a nervy Hertz defence don't choose to "pass in" a better placed Hibs player to score a simple "tap in" goal??? Thankfully Kevin Nisbet took his goal with aplomb from a Paul Hanlon "assist" to win this match.. As for Youann? I thought he was "mince" again today although he forced the corner from which Hibs scored the winning goal - can't figure out what has gone wrong with him after previously "climbing the heights" with some very important goals for Hibs. Playing in the wrong position? Livingston winning 2-0 v St Johnstone btw. So Hibs only 1 pt ahead of the Lions leading in to their last fixture (before the "split") v St Johnstone in Perth - very disappointing TBF as it makes for a nervy match next Saturday although there is no doubt that 1000s of Hibees will be heading up north to Perth to cheer on the guys. Lets hope that's enough to urge them to stay in the Scot Prem top six.

GGTTH
Youan drives me potty, he has got pace and skill but zero in the way of a footballing brain.

Anyway we dominated this one from start to finish and finally got the goal we deserved, nisbet played really well i think and didn't give their back line a moments peace. Newell also had a fine game i thought. LJ got the tactics right, and looked totally invested in us getting the win.

Naismith is an absolute clown, i can't see him replacing captain caveman long term. That hertz team clearly has something wrong about it.

And my horse won the national, and my coupon came up!! What a great day !
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/si...arts-win-1

Lessons learnt from this Derby win?? All I can say is, "Don't blow away all the positivity and good work v St Johnstone in Perth on Saturday"!!!! I recall this particular footie club has been a bogey to HFC in recent years and in some important matches that really mattered. However, the current Saints' side is a shadow of the team that "messed us about" for long enough. We need to win this match to erase any doubt of being foiled in top six participation after the Scot Prem "split".
(16-04-2023, 10:46)hibeejim21 Wrote: Youan drives me potty, he has got pace and skill but zero in the way of a footballing brain.

Anyway we dominated this one from start to finish and finally got the goal we deserved, nisbet played really well i think and didn't give their back line a moments peace. Newell also had a fine game i thought.  LJ got the tactics right, and looked totally invested in us getting the win.

Naismith is an absolute clown, i can't see him replacing captain caveman long term. That hertz team clearly has something wrong about it.

And my horse won the national, and my coupon came up!! What a great day !

Your quote- Naismith is an absolute clown- care to expand and justify that please. He’s in until the end of the season ffs, he’s no Maloney, now there was a clown
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »