Thread Rating:
Dundee United v Hibs, Sun 9 April, noon KO
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/pr...united-a-2

Well I must say this looks like a foregone conclusion - a defeat for Hibs v another bottom of the league opponent! And I base that conclusion on Hibs rotten performance v an average Motherwell team that the guys normally defeat without too much difficulty. Plus the fact I have no belief in Johnson's ability to be an astute manager with solid tactical nous. One "ray of hope" is the fact Jim Goodwin has not won a match since taking over the manager's role at Tannadice. However, United are battling to save their Scot Prem status and Johnson never seems to be able to motivate his own Hibs players to match up to this type of commitment at all; after all, we're still "in the mix" to fight for a 3rd or 4th place in the Scot Prem and a guaranteed Euro footie slot to potentially pull in some welcome finance - that's the target! Youan returning from a one match suspension and that is a welcome bit of positive news. I hope I'm wrong re my perception of this match and the end result. However, the previous match indicators/stats are not good with Hibs looking like they are "running on fumes" and a manager who doesn't impress me at all.

GGTTH
I agree, 0762, it's a vital game for both sides. United are the sort of team we should be beating, but so were Motherwell. If we do qualify for Europe, we'll be embarassed once agin, so I'm not too bothered about being there.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Ditto ritchie. I regard Euro footie as a distraction that can also ruin a domestic footie season in the process due to being too light in decent player resources.
This is a massive game for us today.. Must win..
Well......

I've been all round the houses with LJ, and i just don't get him at all. His tactics and line ups i still find baffling, both motherwell and utd were very winnable and yet we've found ourselves 7 points behind the sheep. On the other hand hes been unlucky with injuries and decisions - like that pk yesterday. On balance i think i'd twist, his overall record isn't better than Maloneys.

Who knows what way it's going to go now, i suspect bottom 6. LJ clearly thinks he is going to be manager next season the way he talks, and i can't seeing that altering unless we get serious regime change.
ritchiebaby likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »