Thread Rating:
Hibs v Motherwell, Sat 1 April, KO 3.00pm
Well this match is a case of no "slip-ups" please. All the players have had a nice rest during the international break. More players improving their fitness after returning from injury. Aberdeen FC now above us in fourth place - time to target that position in the Scot Prem and take it from there! We are well capable of attaining that spot and possibly 3rd place after that. However, everybody must embrace the challenge all the way through to season end. C'mon Hibs!

GGTTH
We are in a good place since the january window pretty much.... Let's push on and try and finish as high up as we can.
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hi...therwell-3

I never visualised that defeat coming up, but this was dreadful and reminiscent of the worst parts of Hibs season. Our goalie, David Marshall, is protected by his captain status, but he was not impressive AGAIN in this match. He was shit v Rangers at ER and there have been a number of other matches where his position in Hibs goal has been questioned by a lotta Hibs fans. I looked at his performance stats texted to me after this game and he is the 11th worst shot stopper in the Scot Prem - confirms my concern re his random crap displays although I never had any evidence to scrutinise his full form up to now. Also I can't omit Johnson's latest tactical faux pas where IMO his "head is in the sand" when it comes to a game plan in which he has to change it, but this individual is limited in that regard. We really could've done with the 3 pts today and seriously "get in the mix" to push for 4th or even 3rd place in the Scot Prem.!! And every other result going against us as well apart from Hertz latest capitulation v Killie.
Nisbet and Jeggo were both rotten i thought - although to be fair to kev he didn't get much in the way of service. I just don't see it with McKirdy at all as of yet, Hoppe shat out of challenges and looked slower than a week in saughton.

The back 3 and the fullbacks just seemed to get in each others way constantly. The tactics and shape of the team were diabolical, which again led me to wonder if LJ really does know what he's doing. With the way things are presently hibs should be pressing for third, especially now Hertz look like throwing it away but instead we have to keep an eye over our shoulder to not fall out the top 6.

It's a strange old season for sure.
I forgot to add the absence of the suspended Youann was certainly a "big miss" for Hibs although I don't think the result would've changed if he'd played anyway.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »