Thread Rating:
Sale of Club
I lived in Canada for 7 years and change which included many a journey over the border an hour or so to the south (5+ if I drove to Detroit). Don't really recognise the behaviour that Wakey describes to be honest of those from the Great White North, but their population is about half of ours, so I didn't meet them all. Most folk I met are immigrants or their parents were just wanting to make a better living and yes some of the 3rd/4th generation Canucks can have a chip on their shoulders but they are a very, very small minority. I do recognise it in some of those south of the border, there's a few more of them to be fair, though the vast majority aren't all like that, just like not all English fans are permanently pissed up football hooligans, despite the reputation from a few years back.

Anyway, having had to wait 3+ years to go back again (I've otherwise been at least once every year since I came home in 2002) means I don't mind in the least missing a few of our end of season games to go and meet up with old mates over a few beers, some decent snap and maybe a round of golf. Plus I've a small matter of some pension money that will be shortly heading my way to sort out before their bastards tax the shit out of it.

My final (so far, planned) match thread will be posted from t'other side o't pond. I'll be back for our last game but the rearranged game v the Blunts is the day I return. I'll likely watch or listen from behind my eyelids - I doubt I'll affect the result.

Anyway - if you still can't tell the difference between a Yank (y'all) and a Canuck (eh?) - this will help - just don't drink Molson's or Labatts - it's not good for you but you can turn it into Bud or Coors Light in the washroom, john, shithouse, toilet, can, head, pisser, shitter, little (boys/girls) room, restroom, etc.

I might have posted this before Whistle
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »