Thread Rating:
DAZN
If you want expensive football on the tellybox in the future, vote DAZN

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/foo...t-26589243

My mates in the land of the Great White North no longer watch "proper football", well not legally, as it's far too expensive. When it used to be part of the already really expensive cable/interweb/phone/mobile packages that you typically already paid for you picked from the two or three Championship or if your really didn't like football, Prima Donna League games they showed. Then DAZN took over the "franchise" for EFL football. Er, what Shay Segev calls, securing the rights. He doesn't mention that they um, decided to charge a relative fortune to er, watch "those rights".

Chairman Kevin A. Mayer (DAZN Group)
CEO Shay Segev (DAZN Group)
Key people John Gleasure (Executive Vice Chairman), Andrea Radrizzani, Darren Waterman (CFO), James Rushton (Co Founder), Ed McCarthy (COO), Veronica Diquattro (CCIO), Ben Barlow (CLO), Marc Watson (CCO), Shaun Conning (CPO), Neil Colligan (CDDO), Daisy Wells (CCO)

They now want to overrule the Saturday afternoon "blackout" over here.

Coming soon, to an empty stadium near you.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Suppose if they are showing it they'll either come up with a deal for us fans or it'll be easily found on a dodgy streaming website
Another day, another door, another high, another low
I think streaming is the future but at what price, Fans moan now that it's £10 to watch a game and when you consider it's normally 2. 3 or 4 people watching that at one household it really isn't much money, probably north of £60 just for match tickets let alone travel.

The current deal the EFL is poor, just ask the Accy Stanley chairman on twitter what he thinks about it, again he's not against streaming just the way the money shared out. It should be sold as a complete package as the SKY deal is and then distributed evenly either per division or throughout the 72.

Having said that we're heading back to League 1 and me and a few others are getting ready for a League 1 tour next season, proper fans of proper clubs and decent days out
It would seem Sky are the preferred bidder and the EFL have entered talks about extending the deal from 2024
Lesser of 2 evils I suppose, if you've already got, or are thinking of getting a subscription with them or Now TV.

The really preferred deal would have been a Freeview TV one, though to get close it would have meant two or more channels joining forces and funds like with the BBC/ITV FA Cup deal. Whether BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Quest for example could collectively get their heads round it is doubtful when all but the BBC regularly scrap with each other over the weekend highlights programmes and the Beeb not wanting to scupper MOTD (again) for the time being. It's also debateable how long Freeview will be around in it's current form as the mobile phone companies get ever more hungry for frequencies and bandwidth for their own streaming services on 5G and 6G (whenever that starts to appear). They are pulling the plug soon on everything up to and including 3G, so they've still got that to play with.

There was talk that DAZN were sniffing round BT Sports early last year, but not seen anything on that recently. Ah, just answered my own question with a quick Google search, good of BT to let it's customers know - https://www.bt.com/sport/features/TNT-Sp...l%20season. - well they might get round to it, eventually. Doh

Due to "explode" onto our TV screens in time for next season? Other corny gags involving explosives, demolition jobs, going off with a bang etc. are available for exploiting on request.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »