Thread Rating:
Hibs v Rangers, Wed 8 March, KO 7.45pm
This will be a tough match for Hibs, but the team is currently in good shape with more key players returning from injury and picking up on their match fitness in the process. I'm looking forward to this one, but cautiously knowing Hibs league form v RFC is devoid of a victory for a long time albeit we gave them a good old skelping in last season's league cup semi-final at Hampden Park. I would've liked to see more service to our strikers from the flanks as no McGeady or Martin Boyle in place to really threaten their defensive lines. Anyway, we've got to go with the guys who have been "doing the biz" and this is a "step up" in the challenge ahead. My main concern is the usual one: the choice of referee and if VAR is gonna "deal us a duff hand" to their benefit AGAIN. C'mon Hibs!! Keep winning matches at all cost and fight to protect this unbeaten run!!
Lastly, this home match will be a poignant one dedicated to the memory of Ron Gordon and his vision and positive aspirations re the future of our football club. I'm sure all Hibs fans will embrace the occasion in the appropriate way.

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
I watched the full Livingston game on BBC Alba last night and some of the same defensive concerns still keep cropping up. For Hibs to win on Wednesday, Youan's performance will be critical, with the Rangers' defence also looking shaky. I'm sure McGregor will be shielded by the referee once again despite committing at least one foul in the box.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Kevin Nisbet might also play a key role in registering a big positive result in this match. Our main goal scorers definitely required to "show up".
(06-03-2023, 00:55)ritchiebaby Wrote: I watched the full Livingston game on BBC Alba last night and some of the same defensive concerns still keep cropping up. For Hibs to win on Wednesday, Youan's performance will be critical, with the Rangers' defence also looking shaky. I'm sure McGregor will be shielded by the referee once again despite committing at least one foul in the box.

Just back from ER and I must say what a prophetic first line. 1-4 and Hibs defensively rotten tonight. Who is our defensive coach???? The lack of cohesion and organisation from attacking/defensive mid to defence was nothing short of embarrassing. Also Marshall's ball distribution was downright awful tonight - hi-risk and causing mayhem with poor passing in the first half!!! Did Johnson not warn him to be careful during the HT team talk??? Obviously not because the goalie played a big part in flogging this game!!! I must also comment that I would've "hooked" Hendo after 30 mins - not his type of match (too physical and hi-press!) and booed off by many Hibs fans when he was eventually replaced late on in the second half! IMO Johnson's starting line up and formation was downright wrong from the off!! Youan sadly had an off night and played a big part in negligently flogging the second goal with a lack of awareness and simple ball control although he should've scored on a one-on-one attack move v McGregor - you kick the ball hard and low past the goalie's ankles FFS, not high as you give him a chance to save /deflect the ball!!!!!!!!! Nisbet again had a more difficult chance v McGregor, really should've done better though as he is very capable of scoring in that kinda situation - a very disappointing effort that wouldn't have affected the result, but try to seriously score FFS!! Too many Hibs players gave it up tonight after one too many of Marshall's gaffes in giving the ball away and creating a needless threat from Rangers forwards and damaging goals conceded!!
After praising him LJ reverts back to all the things that drive me xxxx nuts about him , resulting in a car crash of a performance.

Depressingly predictable to hear the huns sing their poison and try and disrupt the beautiful tribute to Ron. They are absolute scum, the lowest of the low.
0762 likes this post
Plus their condemned pyrotech abuse on a grand scale AGAIN coupled with the sheer poisonous sectarian stuff! Thumb down Huns doing it for years and unchallenged by the authorities who really should be taking action!!! Also what is it with Hibs FC and big capacity crowds that show up at ER????? They never win these matches any more - a big conundrum that has baffled me for a long time. The crowd for this match at ER Stadium was "electric" with a great atmosphere in their tribute to Ron Gordon. There were people I know who live in Craigleith and they could hear Sunshine on Leith being sung on that still cold night with a full moon in full display. Hibs have this latent huge support that they consistently deflate with shit performances and players who have no excuse esp in games like this one where the atmosphere was great in the 1st 10 mins until they did their usual capitulation that is common to matches like this one when the stadium is filled to capacity or close to full capacity, a case of Hibs players not being able to handle such demanding occasions - not good enough!!
Sunshine on Leith, a song about love and community V The Billy Boys, a song about being up to your knees in someones blood.

Says it all really.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »