Thread Rating:
Livingston FC v Hibs, Sat 4 Feb, KO 3.00pm
Well this is another one of those challenging matches on an artificial pitch that fills me with great trepidation esp after a stable period of results in the past six fixtures. Hibs will no doubt attract a big support to Livingston and here's hoping Johnson chooses an appropriate starting line up with players who can play effectively on this surface and hopefully win this match. Kevin Nisbet could be fit to start although I'd utter caution re starting him on this pitch. C'mon Hibs. Lets keep this positive momentum going for as long as poss.

GGTTH
This game gives Hibs a great chance to start to pull away from the mid-table pack as Livingston have suffered a dip in form recently. We mustn't be a soft touch and be up for a tough battle.
Cabbage is still good for you
McGeady confirmed out for the rest of the season with a hamstring injury! That was some signing last year, particularly after the numerous warnings re his hi-risk injury status. I'm assuming he won't have his contract renewed at season end.
A great result today. Is there a new-found confidence building from our recent great run?
Cabbage is still good for you
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/li...n-1-hibs-4

An impressive 1-4 Hibs win and confidence is indeed building esp after the boys having the worst start, going down 1-0 after 9 mins. Youan is our "on fire" striker with a "brace" of goals and looking like he'll score in any match - his confidence must be sky-high at the moment. I'm certainly looking forward to Hibs next game v Rangers in a home match that will be dedicated to the memory of Ron Gordon. It should be a special occasion, but an event that will likely be marred by the usual poisonous antics of the Hun horde. One can only hope that will not be the case. Anyway, this result was definitely a big one in the fact we've imposed ourselves on that fourth place in the Scot Prem. Lets keep on winning eh!

GGTTH
(03-03-2023, 17:56)0762 Wrote: McGeady confirmed out for the rest of the season with a hamstring injury! That was some signing last year, particularly after the numerous warnings re his hi-risk injury status. I'm assuming he won't have his contract renewed at season end.

Yup.

A shame, like we have seen with so many players over the years, the ability is still there but the injuries come for you in the end.

Anyway another good win, i didn't think we played particularly well 1st half but that was an outstanding win in the end, particularly with how the table is looking now with some daylight appearing in 4th.

Credit to the manager, despite some horrendous injuries he has found a way to win after the window which he really needed to. Jeggo has been a very good addition so far, and youan has really found his mojo... Sometimes he frustrates the life out of me but there is a player in there for sure.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »