Thread Rating:
St Mirren v Hibs, Sat 4 Feb, KO 3.00pm
This is gonna be a tough away match v opponents who are unbeaten for a while and they have just leapfrogged above us into 4th place in the Scot Prem. However, this is a great opportunity to poss change our season and lay down our credentials to push on for that 4th place by beating the Buddies! We've been robbed of 3 pts in our last game by another incredible ref decision ignoring a clear foul on David Marshall, the goalie apparently livid with the ref after this match ended! It would be good to see a positive reaction from the guys and continue with a win. We really need to "lay down a marker" that we wanna push up this league and keep going until season end. C'mon Hibs!

GGTTH
Tough game for you guys...........would you settle for a point?

Having seen the Ross County goal , it makes one wonder what the point was of bringing VAR to Scotland.........to make things "fairer" lol  Doh .  In the modern game that has to be given a foul on the keeper.........now in Nat Lofthouses day it would have been different! If by some chance the ref missed it then surely the decision should be reversed by VAR? I don't have much gripe with the player who was by the keepers side but the player coming in from behind and to the left just deliberately pushes into the keeper with no intention of going for the ball.  I did start to watch the Celtic v Morton Cup tie the other week but turned it off immediately after the farce of VAR giving a penalty against Ambrose, just ludicrous.

Just pleased that there is no VAR down in the lower leagues or I would stop watching altogether. How come other sports can get it right ( cricket, rugby etc) and football is so wrong.................independent VAR scrutineers is possibly one answer..........too many up here with West Coast connections.  What I would want is consistency in the decisions but some fouls are given but other similar ones are not, especially handballs in the box.  Sick

ps: why is Goldson of sevco exempt from VAR penalty verdicts?  Huh Mind you , you could say the same about the whole sevco side Big Grin
0762 likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
The second scrutinised view (VAR) of that ridiculous allowed goal v Ross Co rendered that decision to be highly suspicious IMO!!! On BBC Sportscene, Michael Stewart rightly called it out - "Unbelievable, the goalie was 'wiped out" said Mikey, while the other guys on this footie prog were literally "breezing" past it as though nothing had happened? Astonishing and very concerning re the future health of the sport up here if this is how it is perceived (or ignored)!! Hibs would've moved up to fourth place in the Scot Prem had it not been for that diabolical piece of refereeing and it would've given our lads another welcome boost at a time where every positive momentum is appreciated. I believe Hibs are an "easy target" for bad refereeing (or other!) when it comes to this kinda stuff - not the first time this wrong and unfair type of decision has been "flung in their faces" with no recourse or explanation of why that wrong decision was ever called in this way. I've said in another thread that Malky Mackay was an ex SFA man for about five years - can't prove favours being given, but it's a strong suspicion of association. Also there is a new chant being uttered from the Celtic faithful these days during any VAR call - it's titled, "F### the SFA" and for obvious reasons - there are clearly a lot more Scot footie fans watching this shit unfold on a weekly basis and it's making the sport an embarrassment up here!! One of the obvious solutions IMO is replace the ref official who was the key player in making any crass/wrong decision such as the one in Dingwall!! It's already clear that we need better and more competent ref officials!!
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/st...0-hibs-1-1

What a vg win v the buddies and Youan in fine scoring form again to win this testy match with the only goal. Very welcome indeed and a big Hibs support appreciating this positive response esp after that ref fiasco in Dingwall! And Stevo breaking the all-time club record of 1st team appearances for Hibs with his 450th game - well done!!Thumb up Two injuries unfortunately picked up by McKirdy and Joe Newell and that is a natural concern during a part of the season when we wanna see all our key players available. Here's hoping Hibs can push on and keep winning matches!! IMO that's the challenge now - consistency!

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
A good battling performance, and a hard earned 3 points at a difficult place after that midweek farce.

Pleased for Hendo who supplied the assist. I think the lad has ability but it just hasn't worked out for him at hibs yet, hopefully this might give him confidence. Youan is doing so well the now too. I thought Jeggo read the game well and did good for us too.

Lewis hitting 450 is the big talking point though - what an absolute trooper he has been for us over the years. Congratulations to him.

Looks like Nisbets injury (and wtf was lee playing him for midweek anyway??) is a minor one and he should be back soon.
0762 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »