Thread Rating:
Ross County v Hibs, Tues 31 Jan, KO 7.45pm
Hibs boosted by a massive confidence building 6-0 win v a poor Dons' team while the Staggies have just won 3-0 v Killie in a bottom league clash that forced Killie to the bottom of the Scot Prem. This match is intriguing in the fact that Hibs have a revised defence that looks a tad better than the one that had Porto and Rocky in situ. We'll see what Hibs team shows up in this game. Has Lee Johnson come across a formation that makes the team look far more durable in defence and more positive up front? My biggest concern relates to Johnson's tactical ineptness when it comes to changing things when a game becomes difficult. There must be a chance of some injured players returning (plus new players in before the transfer window closes) although it has been refreshing to see some of our vg youth players finally being given an opportunity to impress. Aiden McGeady, Youan, Josh Campbell, Joe Newell and Kevin Nisbet really look like a core of players who are "up for the challenge" - enjoying their fitba with positive and hi-press stuff! Fish and Jeggo look like they've added some defensive security with their battling qualities. Early days to judge though! IMO it looks like another pivotal moment where Hibs have a chance to register an element of consistency by winning another match. C'mon Hibs! Lets pick up this positive momentum and keep going!

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
I guess we shall see eh ? 4th spot could be attainable if we find some form, but we all know how badly these players and manager can perform. Total jekyll and hyde stuff.

I happen to think there might be a player in Youan, he's impressed me with his skill of late but he needs to improve his decision making. Campbell also has potential but drives me nuts at times. McGeady looks to me a hard working professional and not at Hibs to coast and pick up the cash, i've been really surprised at his quick feet and fitness. Nisbet ?? A very capable penalty box finisher but I wouldn't be surprised if he still goes this window, and has had his 'head turned' somewhere along the line.
HerefordBull likes this post
Note Jim - Kev is a Celtic fan and so is his agent! It may mean nothing, but it's a factor that hasn't gone unnoticed by some Hibs fans. I think Ritchie got it right quite a while ago when he remarked if we have a sudden vg successful manager, or top footie players coming through, history tells us we don't keep them for very long because of wealthier, predatory footie clubs moving in to take them away from us. That is sadly the detrimental state of affairs that applies to Scottish footie.
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ro...y-1-hibs-1
FT 1-1 and shit refereeing kills us again!! Malky,Mackay, an ex-SFA youth footie administrator for five years - done a favour by other SFA cohorts??????? Another highly suspicious ref/VAR oversight re a clear foul on a goalie that would've been given anywhere else on the pitch!! Hibs 0-1 ahead and doing/coping reasonably well!! Unfortunately we don't have the firepower or wealth (to buy quality players) like Celtic in order to overcome shit refereeing in matches like this one!!! Thumb down Btw Nisbet injured within 25 mins with a probable hamstring injury - IMO another Johnson gaffe!! Why play a guy on a cold, windy night when he has had limited training and game time in the past ten days? Use your loaf FFS!!! Hibs ironically looking like a far more balanced team after Nisbet's withdrawal btw!! We move on and really must focus with real commitment and venom to win the next match v St Mirren!!!!!
hibeejim21 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »