Thread Rating:
Hibs v Hertz
Season over as predicted, and Johnson needs shown the door. He's had plenty of time now but the team still looks like it has no plan, it looks like everyone is playing their own game at times. He made no attempt to change it today and his team selections, tactics, formations are all over the shop. Even after the motherwell win, neither Mcgeady or Nisbet would say anything positive about him.

We had some good spells today and hit the woodwork twice but we are very soft defensively and have very little in the way of leaders out there. Nisbet didn't work that hertz backline enough and we lacked that killer instinct all day. Our friends from across the city are much more effective at both ends of the pitch and their bench showed the difference in quality.

Part of me thinks we should just punt Nisbet and Porteous and start the rebuild now. There is still a week of the window left... But that would require getting someone in who knows how to run the clubs footballing operation tomorrow and can hit the ground running. Slim chance.
0762 likes this post
I'm afraid you're right, jim, but after acting too hastily the last time, the board have now missed the boat. I think that Johnson will survive to limp through the rest of the season.

What I would like to know is what kind of assurances re player recruitment has he been given? If any, that is, as we need assured, positive performers all over the pitch - other than the clowns we already have!
Cabbage is still good for you
Yeah, looks like you are right ritchie.

Ron and co are probably bargaining that we aren't quite bad enough to go down, and will roll the dice again in the summer. Despite his appalling record LJ does not look like a manager in risk of getting the chop.

I actually thought the new boy did ok today, showed for the ball fine but the early yellow threw him a bit. But we need a lot more than that.
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/jo...sappointed

Johnson's summary - disappointed AGAIN eh! A common theme, the same of the same remarks!! But the Hibs fans got their "great match day experience"! Thumb up Ron will be so pleased that the commercial aspect of this set up has been so successful eh!! There's only one problem and we all know what that is plus, up to now, this regime has "sterilised" the footie side of things and our love of the game and the club - it's "just a game of football" but wasn't the match day experience so great eh!!! Rolleyes There are two significant moments of huge concern in my mind that occurred in the past three months of up n down hell following Hibs. One of them was the scenes during and after the humbling defeat by Ross Co at ER where this relegation threatened Staggies team literally had two attacks/two goals and Hibs went "through the motions" of playing a game of footie with no foundation, no identity to this team. Johnson slammed in the stands by lotsa frustrated Hibs fans leaving the stadium and his sterile PM interview impressed nobody. He also learnt nothing from this shambles re a "soft-centre defence" that clearly needed a Darren McGregor or a defensive mid player like big Marv who never played in a losing Hibs side v Hertz btw!! What makes me incandescent with rage is they have carried on regardless as though nothing has happened!! But the glitzy big match experience was top notch - lets come back for more all you Hibs fans eh!!! Ron Gordon appreciates your support! I wish he could've observed the thousands of Hibs fans - kids, families and many other loyal fans heading for home, totally fed up and dejected AGAIN, plus many baffled by the lack of progress and a manager who shouldn't be managing our cherished football club, a "cheap talker" with very little action or nous to change things and improve Hibs football fortunes - been going on for months with no action, no redress, no proper mitigation taken by a manager (backed by the Hibs board?) who has severe limitations in his overall knowledge of Scottish footie and the proper management and organisation of a football team. The second alarming moment for me was the Lewis Stevenson PM interview after another embarrassing defeat v ? (another bottom three team) when he clearly didn't wanna say too much during question time and was very uncomfortable - something clearly wrong "behind the scenes"!!! As soon as I heard Doyle-Hayes and Magennis were both injured in training (Hibs couldn't even get that right esp when mid options were severely constrained!!!!!) and added to Newell's absence from Hibs team, it was as though a dark cloud had descended on ER Stadium, a position that just exacerbated the evident 1st team probs that were already becoming intolerable with Hibs whole recruitment structure (is there a solid structure like the one we had when George Craig was Hibs DoF????????) open to massive criticism. There are certain players currently on the fringes of the 1st team (and others playing) who should be nowhere near a Hibs jersey. But that's alright - the "match day experience was great again"!! Gotta get our priorities right eh! The strange thing about Hibs position in this absolutely shit Scot League is the fact they could still claw their way back to contest fourth place if they could start winning a few matches. That isn't gonna happen either, mainly because of our lack of good all round back up players and Johnson's severe limitations as a manager. I fear this lacklustre manager is gonna drag us down into a relegation dog fight. He has lost Hibs 100s of 1000s of quid in revenue due to an early exit from both cup competitions - that must be a record in its own right, all down to him! The league is his last failure to conclude on!! I can only pray that the Hibs players can somehow regroup and go again under the leadership and guidance of certain players who cherish the club as much as I do.

GGTTH
You could have summarised that somewhat lengthy statement in just one word- PISH
Our wingers actually played quite well looking back but our lack of quality and composure in key areas really told on the day. Story of the season so far really.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »