Thread Rating:
Hibs appointing a Director of Football????
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hi...f-football

Kensell commenting re the club's frailties on the footie front and announcing HFC's intention to appoint a new Director of Football??? Wasn't George Craig our previous vg (and very enthusiastic!) Director of Footie under the old regime??? Therefore, is this a case of the current management at HFC "reinventing the wheel"??? In other words, they created the problem in the first place by shutting down that function/position in a probable cost-cutting move!!!! Rolleyes
You can have ours.
0762 likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
I'm assuming he's making a "pig's ear" of this important role with the Terriers eh lol!?
Yeah, sorry. You should get somebody better. I don't particularly think a director of football is a great idea, but it seems to be the modern way. Trouble is, they're hard to get rid of as they're the ones doing the hiring and firing.
HerefordBull likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
I must say I knew Hibs previous Director of Football, George Craig, who originally came from Falkirk FC's vg youth structure/setup at that time, and he was an excellent operator in that particular role - comprehensively covered all the different elements from supporting the first team manager's footie ops to recruitment from grassroots level upwards and how to nurture and coach each individual age group systematically with proper presentations/explanations re the way it was being done at HFC. I have no doubt he was removed by Ron Gordon in pre-planned cost-cutting measures. Now they are "re-inventing the wheel" after discovering that Ian Gordon is not an all-round effective operator in this area of footie expertise.
Eddie May, John Park, Malky Mackay and Paul Lambert are the main contenders for this post. Strong rumours in Leith say Lambo is the favourite. Note Lambo is a past associate of Kensell at Norwich City AFC. The main issue that strikes me is the fact that Lambo's footie acumen centres on club management/coaching. We'll see how it all unfolds.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »