Thread Rating:
HoHoHoddersfield v PNE and Rotherham Xmas special
[Image: yvu40yg.jpg]

Huddersfield Town travel to Preston to Deepdale on Boxing Day and then welcome Rotherham United to the John Smith's Stadium on Thursday night for what we hope will be the start of the Great Escape revisited.

Personally, I've given up. Lost all hope. Can't see us winning again all season. And I didn't even feel this pessimistic when we were getting relegated from the Prima Donna League.

Ah well. Merry Christmas.  Tongue

Oh and apparently, the Preston game is on the Sky red button. Don't know about Rotherham.

Tickets:

Preston:

Town have received an allocation of 1,942 reserved seats in the Bill Shankly Kop.

PRICES

Adults (25-64) - £28
Seniors (65+) - £20
Young adults (19-24) - £20
Juniors (11-18) - £10
Under-11s (Must be accompanied by an over 18) - £5

All under-14s must be accompanied by someone over 18 years old.

Automated turnstiles are in operation throughout Deepdale, so supporters are advised to keep the barcode intact and to have their tickets ready as they approach the turnstiles to scan the barcode on the reader.

POSTAGE

Due to industrial action at Royal Mail, supporters are advised to, if they are able, to purchase at the Stadium Ticket Office. If you are unable to do so, then please order your match and coach tickets as soon as possible.

The Stadium Ticket Office is open:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - 10am to 4pm
Saturday (non-match days) - 9am to 12noon
Saturday (match days) - 9am to kick-off
Wednesday, Sunday - Closed

Christmas Eve - 9am to 12noon
Christmas Day - Closed
Boxing Day - Closed
Tuesday 27 December 2022 - Closed
Wednesday 28 December 2022 - 10am to 4pm
Thursday 29 December 2022 - 10am to kick-off
Friday 30 December 2022 - 10am to 4pm
New Year’s Eve - 9am to 12noon
New Year’s Day - 10am to kick-off
Monday 2 January 2023 - Closed

You can call the Ticket Office (office hours) on 01484 960 606 or email ticketenquiries@htafc.com.

PARKING

Parking is available at the stadium at the Bill Shankly Kop car park, including a limited number of disabled parking bays for visiting supporters.

All parking at the stadium is priced at £15 per space.

To book a space, please contact Preston North End’s ticket office on 0344 856 1966 or email Paula@pne.com, leaving a contact telephone number.

DISABLED SUPPORTERS

Disabled supporters should pay the appropriate age band above, with a companion ticket provided complimentary if required.

SALE DATES

Tickets are now on general sale.

Friday 23 December, 2pm
Tickets will be taken off sale.

COACH TRAVEL

Official coach travel is available for this fixture, costing £19 per person.

Coaches will depart from the St Andrew’s Road car park at noon on Monday 26 December.

Rotherham at home:

Adults - £25
65s and over - £20
18s and under - £15
Under 11s - £10

Head to Head

[Image: klRHMKv.jpg]

Preston lead the head to head with 38 wins to Town's 36, with 24 draws.

Don't put too much expectation on a Town win. This is a ground where we never win. We haven't won there since 1969 when two goals from Frank Worthington and one from Jimmy Lawson gave us a 3-1 victory. That was under the management of Ian Greaves in the 2nd Division Championship winning season. Since then Bobby Collins, Mick Buxton, Eoin Hand, Ian Ross, Lou Macari, Simon Grayson, David Wagner, Danny Cowley and Carlos Corberán have all led Town teams to Deepdale and landed in deep do do, with none of them managing to get a Town victory. Can Mark Fotheringham finally break that hoodoo?  Confused

[Image: wEeudIP.jpg]

[Image: nMsz70J.jpg]

Town lead the head to head with 31 wins to Rotherham's 11, with 17 draws.

As you can see from those figures, the boot is on the other foot in this series of fixrures. Rotherham beat us at their place this season, but before that, their last win over us was in 2014/15. Before that it was 92/93 when they last beat us. In the times between that win at Millmoor, we have beaten them on twelve occasions, including a very famous injury time winner from Tommy Smith on Valentines Day 2017.

Of course that means sod all now, when we're rooted to the foot of the table and they are comfortably mid table.

[Image: bomq0KQ.jpg]

Recent form - last 6 matches:

Town are 24th in the Championship table with 19 points. Preston are 7th with 34. Rotherham are 19th with 26.

Leading scorers:

Terriers:
Jordan Rhodes (4)
Danny Ward (3)

Lillywhites:
Emil Riis (5)
Ched Evans (5)

Millers:
Chiedozie Ogbene (7)
Richard Wood (4)

Christmas Anagrams: Mostly Christmas stuff but there are PNE and Rotherham ones in as well.

1. Casual Stan
  2. Elsie Mott
  3. Killy Shop Blank
  4. Choralists Scram
  5. Tiny Pay Vital 
  6. Boldly Faxing Taboo
  7. Horned Pyjamas
  8. Armrest Ethics
  9. Kuwait Syndrome
  10. Notify Men

So what kind of Christmas person are you? A traditionalist, who likes the Pogues and Kirsty? Or are you more inclined to sing along with the choir with a few nice carols?

SHEP_HTAFC, themaclad, ritchiebaby And 1 others like this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
I've met a few nice Carols over the years Snoots, could never quite sing in harmony with them though. Whistle

That's life I suppose. Big Grin

The Rosie's, Evy's and Elaine's I've also met haven't been great singers either, but we've all remained friends. Cool
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Well 4 looks like Christmas carols
Lord Snooty likes this post
Another day, another door, another high, another low
9. New York Stadium
A guide to cask ale.

I can't be arsed putting the press conference on.
6 will be Boxing Day Football

Apart from Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht in Deutsch from my falsetto days in Primary School, I'm a Slade/Mud/Wizzard-style Christmas fan.
Cabbage is still good for you
Aww why not snoots. It could hopefully be the last one he does here

10 is Tom finey

1 is satan claus
Another day, another door, another high, another low
Fotheringham's Froth jjamez?
He talked for half an hour about how brilliant he was as a coach in Germany, how good the squad and the fans are then threw the team under the bus for lack of quality in the final third and how that and anything else isn't in his job description. Same script since he arrived to be honest. You've heard it all before. Nothing to see here. We won't lose 4-0 but, er, we'll probably lose something nil. Next.

30 minutes of drivel condensed into two lines. Rinse and repeat for Rotherham.

It might be telling that it's available on the Town YouTube channel but nobody could be arsed to translate it and put it on Town's website a day after the Jock Messiah had delivered his Christmas message to the great unwashed, er, sorry, collected press.

Apologies, they have put it on the website but it's article 5 after telling you how to get tickets for Preston.
Article one is tickets for Rotherham, the rest are watching on iFollow and half-season cards. Good to know where our priorities lie Laugh

Will he take the hint?
A guide to cask ale.

Go on then. I saw a clip on Twitter and thought it rather uninspiring.

The first 12 minutes are available on Radio Local, beyond that he says nothing that matterszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Not that he said anything in the first 12 minutes either.
A guide to cask ale.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »