Thread Rating:
Boyle
Out for the rest of the season, massive blow for Hibs
Aye IJ, a big blow for all those involved at the club and all their supporters. From what I have read and seen on highlights, Hibs don't create much without him and with the next 4 games being, the 2 uglies Livingston and the JTs at Tynecastle then Hibs could be in a relegation fight by the time of the New Year.

Lee Johnsons coat will be certainly on a "shoogly" peg come January if results don't go for him in those 4 games.................and with no Boyle it's not looking very likely.
"FOREVER UNITED"
(23-11-2022, 17:28)HerefordBull Wrote: Aye IJ, a big blow for all those involved at the club and all their supporters. From what I have read and seen on highlights, Hibs don't create much without him and with the next 4 games being, the 2 uglies Livingston and the JTs at Tynecastle then Hibs could be in a relegation fight by the time of the New Year.

Lee Johnsons coat will be certainly on a "shoogly" peg come January if results don't go for him in those 4 games.................and with no Boyle it's not looking very likely.

Tough luck for Boyle tbh, misses the World Cup and now remainder of season. Am I gutted, absolutely not?? but looks like a lot for Hibs will depend on how Nisbett does on his long awaited return from a lengthy injury and a really good January window from Wee Lee. Based on his summer signings, not sure how that will pan out. Could also be looking for a new centre half when Porteous jumps ship
I think Boyle's absence has also been massive in Hibs demise and it is easily forgotten by many critical Hibs fans like myself. Our dependency on his fast pace and goals was so significant, the impact of his loss just can't be ignored. He is one of the fastest players in the Scot Prem, highly regarded by the Australia international team coaches, and his absence has not helped our cause one jot - very unlucky and a sickener!! I think we would've won a lot more of our games if he'd been injury-free and available. However, it still doesn't disguise other issues/frailties related to Lee Johnson plus Hibs recruitment process and the fact Kevin Nisbet's return to 1st team duties and fine striking form has definitely saved the manager from being sacked.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »