Thread Rating:
AFC Fylde 1 Gillingham 1
FULL-TIME: AFC Fylde 1 (Walker)-1 Gillingham(Mandron)

AFC Fylde: Neal, Weston (Whitehead 63’), Obi, Whitmore, Philliskirk, Rowe, Haughton, Conlan, Charman (Ligendza 84’), Walker, Bird

Unused Substitutes: McPartlan, Davis, Hatfield, Rowley, Taylor, O’Kane, Edwards

Gillingham: Morris, McKenzie, Wright, Baggott, Law, Adelakun, O’Keefe (Ehmer 62’), Jefferies, MacDonald (Alexander 81’), Walker (Kashket 73’), Mandron

Unused Substitutes: Turner, Akehurst, Mnoga, Gbode

Referee: Tom Reeves

Attendance: 996 (160)

A slow burner of a game which got better as it went along, Gillingham will probably kicking themselves as they should have put the game to bed long before the home side equalised.
Typical Bonfire Night weather poured down until just before kick off, got drier and colder as the match progressed. Gone are the days when the cups magic attracted massive gates, a pitiful 996 attended today including 160 hardy souls from Kent, suspect teh days of Fylde getting decentish gates went as soon as the boycott ended at Bloomfield down the road.
Fylde first to show intent, Danny Rowe with a free kick from 35 yards, ideal range for the frontman although this one was not accurate, it probably landed in the Costa coffee shop on the other side of the away end.
From then on in the Gills dominated and visiting keeper Morris spent much of the first half as a spectator.
There was little goal mouth action although the Gills could have scored in Mandron had made contact sliding in to a cross at the back post also O'Keefe was unlucky with a deflected shot which would have left ex North Ender Neal for dead in the Fylde goal.
On the stroke of half time two pivotal incidents happened, firstly O'Keefe clattered into aome player looked a booking which would have eant a second yellow followed by a red, not given by the referee, the home fans were less than impressed, on the stroke of half ime a fould by a Fylde player which brought a booking for the home player which did not endear the official to the home fns. Frm the resulting free kick, Wright's excellent free kick found Mandrom who volleyed home, no more than they deserved.
[Image: C61-B27-FF-75-F7-4-C6-A-846-B-312-D55-D40160.jpg]
Quiet second period, the Gills were in cruise control until they went a bit negative with their early substitutions, settling for a one goal victory, it was to cost them as they started to lost the intiative, the introduction of Kashket showed some attacking intention and he should have settled the tie however when well placed rushed his shot which was easily saved by Neal.
Fylde began to through men forward, one effort went narrowly wide, Obi forced a good save from Glls keeper Morris, but winger Walker was the danger for the visitors and he found the corner of the net from the edge of the box. Game on, all Fylde now Walker had another effort which went narrowly wide and Rowe managed a shot on target well saved by Morris.
In the end suspect the Gills will be relieved to get a second chance in a tie they should have settled long before the end.

Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)