Thread Rating:
Everton vs WBA - Match Thread
Can't wait to hopefully see the Yacob - Mulumbu axis brought back. Can't remember if it was Clarke or AI who broke that partnership up but they got what they deserved for possibly the stupidest decision from a head coach in the PL era. Our post-January XI imo will look something like:

Foster
Baird - McAuley - Lescott - Pocognoli
New RM - Yacob - Mulumbu - New LM
Berahino - New ST
[Image: 1348664730___West_Brom_-_Banner.png]
Yacob/Lescott  men of the match for me - awesome

Apparently Sly was filming tonight

[Image: _80378357_stallonegoodisongetty.jpg]

Everton 'fan' Sylvester Stallone delivered a half-time message to the Goodison Park crowd as a scene was filmed for his upcoming Rocky spin-off Creed.

[Image: Prize_COCK_by_freerider121.jpg]
I can go a step higher than Aston Villa
Not one for the neutrals tonight. TP got them to put a shift and a half in. Yacob was good tonight but he needs to be a less obviously dirty basturd if he's gonna play many more 90 minutes.
I'm always surprised when he lasts a game - a banning waiting to happen but been solid

[Image: _80379283_martinezpulisgetty.jpg]

That will look awesome from a certain angle
To any Baggie who went to Everton I salute you.
To all the whingers on here, give TP time to get some decent counter attacking players into the club then judge him.
He will openly admit that when he goes into a club he tries to sort the defence out firstly then works on other areas.
Well 3 clean sheets out of 3 seems to be not bad so far !
3-4 new signings before transfer deadline and we MIGHT stop up.
Keep the faith boys, above the Villa and not in the bottom 3.... That'll do me ! Have we found the Yacob we first signed ? Fingers crossed.
C O Y B
UNBEATEN - what more can you ask for???
Stayed up to watch the game in Qatar and im absolutely knackered now (3 hours ahead)! I'm a Zombie at my desk Undecided.

Anyways…thought the effort from the lads was superb, and that is exactly what is required to keep us up. The quality will improve with the confidence of being able to keep clean sheets.

Yacob was absolutely outstanding. Don’t think I’ve seen a better performance from an Albion player this season, not that there has been many. He will be a Pulis favourite and will hopefully bring the best of out Mulumbu again, who on his day is right up there as being our best player.

Brunt on the other hand. Where do you start? How this man keeps his shirt is beyond me. Has he got photo’s of Jeremy Peace dogging or something? I’ve said many times that he genuinely wouldn’t look out of place in an average championship side! And to think, it looks like we are letting a World Cup winger (Varela) leave the club! I don’t see any of the logic!?!

If anyone can justify Brunt starting please share your wisdom with me! We can’t afford to carry passengers any more!

Up the Baggies!
We have a pacey tricky winger who has made a good impression when he's played just sitting in the reserves... Yes we need one more but he's got varela who cannot even make the bench, but the likes of Morrison and Brunt can start? Hmm
Pulis football. A welcome point but get used to that type of dour defensive performance cos that's exactly what you will get even after Pulis has brought in some of his own players. The days of flair, exciting attacking football are over. We will become the new Stoke City of old.
Sad
I agree with getting the defence/midfield tight first of all, then building on that foundation. 3 clean sheets on the trot is some stat (although 1 was v Gateshead).
But Evertonians will be starting to get worried this morning. That's not last Year's Everton - I thought they were poor. I expected Pulis to identify this sometime during the match, and go all-out for a very welcome 3 pts. That would have given us a massive boost. But it was as if the players were thinking "Hoof the f***ing thing, then get 11 behind the ball". What was the point of getting Berahino behind the ball? He has no tracking-back ability, and we could have used him so much better as an outlet.

Remember that Sunday game at Sunderland about 8 years ago, when Koumas scored the last-minute winner? It was a similar performance, and I cheered every hoof out of our box. But that was in May, and a point got us promoted if I remember right. But last night was mid-January - it wasn't all-or-nothing. I just hope that come May we don't regret giving it a go.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »