Thread Rating:
Tour of Britain 2022
https://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/race/2022-tour/
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Well done, mac! Stage 2 from Hawick to Duns passes my son's restaurant/rooms/bar on Jedburgh High Street. I suppose I'd better get the half-barrel flower tubs looking good for the occasion. No timings yet, but I'll be there and if I'm quick I might get to Duns for the finish at The Jim Clark Rooms museum on Newtown Street.
themaclad likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
It's been through my village twice 2005/2012

I watched a fair bit of this afternoon's first stage in glorious Scottish rain, wind and sunshine - just a typical late summer's day. The stage was won by Corbin Strong of IPT by less than a bike length from Omar Fraile of Ineos.

https://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/stage-two-timetable/
I'll be watching tomorrow's stage from at least 2 vantage points (the Kelso cobbles might be interesting if the forecasted rain arrives) during the day, then bowling at night, so I'll probably not be posting tomorrow night.
On it today gven the lack of coverage to the elements ended up watching the Veulta

Cracking stage today, the Peloton seemed to forget that there was a breakaway gap of five minutes didn't catch them although it was close, meanwhile in the Vuelta Evanpoel mechanical in last 3 KM Roglic had got away but comes down 150 yards from the finish he didn't look well afterwards

Didn't see any of today's race, but followed yesterday's live at Kelso and Duns, where the stage was won by the thickness of a tyre tread by Caes Boel (sp?). Will definitely follow the next 3 days on ITV.

Peloton on the thankfully dry Kelso cobbles on Monday lunchtime.
[Image: IMG-20220905-123720.jpg]
themaclad likes this post
Tom Pidcock was edged out for the second stage in a row, this time 3rd to Jordi Meeus, following a close 2nd to Gonzalo Serrano yesterday. I watched yesterday's race but missed today's due to family commitments. However, Pidcock is only 3 seconds behind Serrano in the GC.

Tomorrow's stage from Tewkesbury to Gloucester has been cancelled as a mark of respect following the death of Queen Elizabeth 2.
Actually was in work yesterday, so basically missed it, today doubt whether there will be any coverage

And the rest of the Tour has been called off, so the result after Stage 5 stands.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »