Thread Rating:
League Cup 2022
Albion play Sheffield United at home in the first round of the League Cup tomorrow night at 8pm, with the winner to face Derby away in the next round. Feel free to use this thread for all discussion of this year's competition.
A very tough fixture.

But Bruce seems to suggest he and the players will take cup competitions seriously. So maybe (touch of death statement) we might do better this season
It's sad when I hardly give a sh*t about our progress in this Tournament.
I know it's a good chance for all Clubs to blood their Youths; and the League Cup's probably the only chance our fans will be able to celebrate.....ever again....(except for promotions!)
1966 was as good a feeling as any I've had as a Baggie. (As was '67 and '70, till the last Legs!)
Can't help but thinking Management see it as a nuisance these days, though.
Mind you, the FA Cup's not much >
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Grant off injured and Bruce immediately subs Robinson. Does this mean he is last man standing and is needed for the Blackburn game?
Can't argue with a win, and it's rare enough that we get one in this competition against any kind of decent opposition. Hope we can keep it going against Derby, it's been too many years since we had a League Cup run.
WELL DONE THE ALBION. NOT LOST YET AGAINST FANCIED CLUBS FOR PROMOTION AND HAVE ANOTHER TO COME THAN ONTO THE 'EASIER' ONES WHERE WE ALWAYS COME UNSTUCK - LOOK AT LAST YEAR - PLUS TOO MANY DRAWS.

STILL IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE A WIN, AND BLOODING ACADEMY PLAYERS. WE STILL NEED ANOTHER GOALSCORER THOUGH. Thumb up
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
oh if only Reyes had scored
Albion (4-2-3-1): Palmer; Ingram, O'Shea, Bartley, Ashworth; Livermore, Gardner-Hickman; Reach, Phillips, Robinson; Cleary.
Subs: Button, Furlong, Ajayi, Diangana, Molumby, Wallace, Swift, Fellows, Grant.
Another good cup run. What makes it worse is losing to Derby, I’m going to get loads of stick.
As Johnny Logan said in the eurovision song contest, youngsters look it up, "what's another year"

Good to see we're taking the cups seriously this year.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »