Thread Rating:
Planning ahead
Walsall have loaned winger Brendon Kiernan to fellow League Two club Grimsby Town on a deal until January.

The 29-year-old has 20 goals in 133 senior games, including six goals in 41 matches for the Saddlers last season.

Londoner Kiernan broke through at Wimbledon after time at Crystal Palace and Fulham, and spent time at Braintree, Bromley and Harrogate.

"I just want to make things happen in and around the box," Kiernan told the club website.

"When I knew the manager [Paul Hurst] was interested, I had a good conversation with him, he had done his research and I had done mine and I thought it was a good fit for me.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Hull City central defender Andy Smith has re-joined Grimsby Town on loan.

The 20-year-old, who spent the second half of last season at the club, has agreed a season-long loan deal with the newly-promoted League Two side.

Smith played 20 times for the Mariners and featured in both of the play-off matches as Grimsby ended a season-long spell in the National League.

"Ever since the final on the last day of the season I wanted to come back," Smith told the club website.

"The set-up here is brilliant, I got minutes last year playing a few games so hopefully that's something I can build on and see where that takes me."

Grimsby Town have signed Luton Town striker Aribim Pepple on a season-long loan deal.

The 19-year-old, who spent time in Getafe's youth system, joined the Hatters from Canadian Premier League side Cavalry FC this summer.

He could make his debut for the Mariners in Tuesday's EFL Cup tie against Crewe.

"I think the biggest thing for me is goals, that is what I am looking to do," he told the club website.

Grimsby Town have signed Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Alex Hunt for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal.

Burnley striker Lewis Richardson has also joined on a season-long loan and Birmingham forward Kayendrah Simmonds has signed on loan until January.

Hunt, 22, spent the first half of last season on loan with the Mariners and scored once in 19 games.

Richardson, 19, and Simmonds, 21, have made two senior appearances each for the Clarets and Blues respectively.

All three could feature in Saturday's League Two trip to Newport County.

Winger Sean Scannell has signed an extended deal with Grimsby Town until the end of the season.

The 32-year-old made his return from injury against Salford City last time out, his first appearance of the season having been out through injury.

Scannell, who lists Crystal Palace, Huddersfield and Bradford among his former clubs, has 25 goals in 396 career games since his 2007 debut.

"Sean has worked very hard to get back fit," boss Paul Hurst added

Grimsby have signed Cheltenham forward George Lloyd on loan until the end of the season.

The 22-year-old has made 84 league appearances for the Robins since making his debut at the age of 17.

He could make his debut for the Mariners in Saturday's trip to Crewe.

"When it came about, I gave it a bit of thought and spoke to the manager. That made me really want to come down and I'm glad that it's done," he told the club website.

Grimsby have signed defender Josh Emmanuel from Hull City for an undisclosed fee and brought Cheltenham forward George Lloyd and Norwich striker Tom Dickson-Peters in on loan until the end of the season.

Emmanuel, 25, played 38 games for Hull and joins until the end of the season.

Lloyd, 22, has made 84 league appearances for the Robins since making his debut at the age of 17.

Dickson-Peters, 20, previously had a loan spell at Gillingham last term.

Grimsby boss Paul Hurst said Emmanuel adds to his side's defensive options and overall experience, having previously featured for Ipswich, Crawley, Rotherham, Shrewsbury and Bolton.

"He can play at right back, right wing back and right-sided centre back if required so he adds to our defensive options," Hurst told the club website.

Grimsby Town have signed free-agent versatile full-back Owen Gallacher on a deal until the end of the season.

The 23-year-old was released by Crawley Town on Tuesday having played five games in total, and made 11 appearances on loan at Gateshead this term.

Gallacher was at Newcastle and Nottingham Forest as a junior, and had a spell at Burton Albion where he made his league debut among 12 appearances.

"It was too good an opportunity to turn down," Grimsby boss Paul Hurst said.

"We've obviously got a couple of left-backs, but he can also play left wing-back and left wing."

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »