Thread Rating:
new deals
League Two side Hartlepool United have signed Poland Under-21 goalkeeper Jakub Stolarczyk on loan from Leicester City for the remainder of the season.

The 22-year-old is yet to feature for the Premier League club although has made a matchday squad with Brendan Rodgers' first-team.

Stolarczyk has had senior experience on loan at Scottish side Dunfermline, and with Fleetwood earlier this season.

"He provides good competition for Ben [Killip]," boss Keith Curle said.

"We know he will work well alongside Ben and Kyle [Letheren] and we thank Leicester for allowing us to bring him in."
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Hartlepool have signed attacking midfielder Tayt Trusty from Blackpool on loan until the end of the season.

The 19-year-old is a product of the Seasiders' academy and has had spells on loan at Hyde United and Radcliffe Borough.

Dartford-born Trusty attended a Cyprus under-21 training camp but has not been capped.

The player joins a Hartlepool side two points above the League Two relegation places.

"As soon as I heard there was a opportunity to come to Hartlepool, it was a no brainer," he said.

"I have trained with the lads this morning and you can see the mix of experience and quality. I can't wait to get started."

Pools manager Keith Curle said Trusty was "a young dynamic prospect".

"He has been on the fringes of first-team football at Blackpool and has come here to further his career," Curle added. "He needs to be playing league football."

Hartlepool United have signed midfielder Dan Kemp on loan from League One side MK Dons until the end of the season.

The 24-year-old joined MK Dons on January deadline day 2022 and has made a total of 16 appearances for the club.

"I'm excited to get started and to play in front of some fantastic fans," he told the club's official website.

"Some of the lads at MK Dons have told me about the atmosphere here, so I'm excited to hear it for myself."

Hartlepool United have signed free agents Oliver Finney, Connor Jennings and Brendan Kiernan on permanent deals, while Arsenal's Taylor Foran and MK Dons' Dan Kemp arrive on loan.

Finney, 25, came through the Crewe system to score 18 goals in 125 games.

Jennings, 31, was let go by Stockport this month, and had been on loan to National League side Altrincham.

Kiernan, 30, scored four goals in 28 games for Grimsby earlier this season before his release by the Mariners.

Foran and Kemp will remain with Pools until the end of the season.

Academy graduate Foran, 19, is a regular for the Gunners under-21 side but is yet to make his senior debut.

Kemp, 24, joined MK Dons on January deadline day 2022 and has made a total of 16 appearances for the club.

The former Chelsea and West Ham academy player also has league experience with Blackpool, Walsall and Leyton Orient.

Hartlepool United have signed veteran striker Leon Clarke on a deal until the end of the season.

The 38-year-old comes into a Pools side second-bottom of League Two after Tuesday's 2-0 defeat by Crewe.

Clarke has scored 153 goals in 518 games for 18 clubs, including hometown team Wolves, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday and Coventry.

"People say he's 38 years old, but age is just a number," boss Keith Curle told BBC Tees Sport.

"The lad looks after himself and is fit and he's keen. He can score goals, he's a physical presence and he understands the game."

Clarke's most recent spell ended at Bristol Rovers at the end of last season, where he scored two goals in 11 appearances.

"I had him as a player at QPR, I like his personality and he's still got that hunger," Curle added.

"He's not coming here for a pay cheque, he's on a performance-related incentivised contract. If he scores goals we win games, and that's how he makes his money."

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »