Thread Rating:
HTAFC Summer Transfer Window 2022
In the past we have signed Marcus Stewart, Marcus Browning, Junior Mendes, Donal McDermott, Anton Robinson and Danny Williams, all from teams we had beaten in the Play Offs.

Who do we fancy signing this time? Whistle
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
That lad Lolley played a good game - well about as good as Davis and Johnson - and he never got off the bench. Tongue
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Likely to receive offers for Lewis O'Brien, Sorba Thomas and Lee Nicholls.

Who is out of contract? When do we think the retained list will be released?

Although Sunday will still be raw, I'm hoping we get our business started early. Always think it's good to get the players in through the door early, it gives the fans something to look forward to.
This https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/foo...r-24102862

shouldn't hold things up for too long I wouldn't think.
A guide to cask ale.

according to reports, dean is going to give carlos/leigh money to spend, but i'd also just spend it when needed, there'll be some decent players on free transfers yet again so utilise it.

there has been mention of josh laurent and andy rinhomota both from reading, Laurents contract is up and would be a decent signing, adds energy to the midfield, especially if Lewis goes. Will Vaulks of CArdiff has yet to confirm if he is staying or going, he too would be a good signing, i rated him when he was at Rotherham and felt we should have signed him then, scores the occasional thunderbolt but also possesses a good long throw on him, which I really feel we could do with.

ryan fredericks has been released by west ham, he would be a good right back option for this league. Pedersen of Brum would be a cheap option for a left sided defender, o'dowda at bristol has been released, he had a disappointing season but before that he always seemed a live wire, he might just need a change of scene. going back to cardiff, obviously smithies has been released but i dont think hed want to be back up to nicholls, but aden flint would be a solid experienced defender to add to the ranks, he was cardiffs top scorer at one point. A few released by fulham are interesting options, alfie mawson, michael hector and cyrus christie. Harry Cornick at Luton was supposedly leaving, he seemed a decent player and I rated Barkhauzen at PNE at one point but i dont know if he's dropped away. Tommy smith could be another old boy to come back, probably should never have left in the first place. then you have the likes of Carroll and sawyers at west brom. Sawyers looked a good option about 3/4 years ago, but now im not sure, always been interested by the thought of carroll in a town shirt.

if we are wanting to spend money then sorensen at brentford, 23, didnt feature much last season and may feature less next season, which is also his final year, he'd be a good option for us, but would cost a penny or two. jorge grant struggled at posh this season but did well the year before and whilst at lincoln, i thought we would have been interested in him when posh signed him. i still think there is a good player for this level in there, same with clarke harris at posh too. i cant profess to knowing masses on the lower leagues but i have been impressed by scott twine, he's a very good player and the sort we need, kisumu at dons too would be a good long term replacement for hogg, but i feel the club want high or austerfield to take that role. cole stockton's stock is high at the moment, scored some great goals this season for morecambe, but if we are wanting to splash on a striker then i'd be leaning towards Jakobsen at PNE, right age and right style of footballer for us. back to league one and camara at plymouth has been linked to a few champ clubs, he looks a handy player and it wouldn't surprise me if he was on our list of possibilities. league two a touch more difficult but if we are looking at non league, then the likes of reuben rodrigues of notts county, andrew dallas and joe sbarra of solihull, kabongo tshimanga of chesterfield and macatee at grimsby would all be worth keeping an eye on. whilst theres a 6"9 striker called kyle hudlin at Solihull who last summer our name was put next to, he hasnt had an amazing season but he's been behind sbarra and dallas who have 38 goals between them. Hudlin did an interview with a national paper a while back claiming that he's not a target man, managers just think he is due to his height but that he feels he's a more technical player due to his upbringing, would be worth a look in the b team.
Another day, another door, another high, another low
Retained list is out. Vallejo, Campbell, Brown, Sarr, Blackman and Eiting all leaving.

Surprised about Eiting. Disappointed about Sarr. Baffled about Blackman. Sad about Vallejo. Not surprised at all about Campbell. Who the heck's Brown? Rolleyes

We need a proper back up keeper again. Schofield nowhere near ready yet.
Strange that we release Sarr when just 4 days ago he was rated good enough to start in the play off final for us.

Will Boyle in the building and having a medical today
The same Will Boyle who we released in 2017?
That would be Reece Brown Snoots - permanently on loan at Posh and yes the same Will Boyle with some EFL experience at someone else's cost.
A guide to cask ale.

I think we've kept a lot more than we would have done if we'd gone up.

Sarr wouldn't have been on the retained list if that had happened imo, so not too surprised he's gone. Blackman and Eiting were both signed on short term contracts and Eiting insisted on it being short term, which didn't work in his favour in terms of game time or a renewal. Think he shot himself in the foot there as if he'd signed say for 2.5 years, we'd likely only have seen Russell in the FA Cup games.

Vallejo hands in too many sick notes in between being a good footballer (so does Aarons but he's got a longer contract and it's debateable how good a footballer he actually is at the moment). Enjoyed Campbell's work rate and enthusiasm but he's more likely to get a yellow card than a goal these days. He'll get games and a reasonable wage in League 1 and good luck to him. He might even get promoted again. Reece Brown will more than likely get a full time contract offer at Pish Posh, they seem to like him.

If Chelski, (soon to be Chelsmercans?) are willing to loan Anjorin or (less likely) Colwill back to us I'd have them in a heart beat. There's likely others in their B Team/Academy we'd be happy to have too. I'd have the Izzy Brown back from 5 years ago but not the Izzy Brown that's been injured for most of the time since and nearly all last season at Preston.

Beyond that, I can look at stats all day but Town pay folk to do that so I'll wait to see who they bring in over the Summer rather than 2nd guess them. Anyone I might mention will no doubt be looked at by our rivals whether they've gone up, come down or are hanging around with us.

Finding a 20 goal a season goal scorer? Well from this division Mitrovic and Solanke are highly unlikely to be anywhere on Championship club radars. Weimann at Brizzle, Piroe at Swansea, Brereton Diaz at Blackburn. Who knows but wouldn't the first bids more likely come in from those that have gone up or those that were sat a tad too close to the trap door upstairs this season? Karlan Grant (eventually) and Gyökeres are the next closest. Coventry might be more likely to sell than WBA but to someone in this division? Maybe one of them coming down? I'd have taken a punt on Gyökeres had we gone up. I doubt even Blunderland with bigger gates than most coming up will go too nuts on spending too soon.
A guide to cask ale.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »