Thread Rating:
Incoming
Newport County have signed midfielder Hayden Lindley from Aston Villa on a season-long loan.

The 19-year-old was previously on the books of Manchester City and Blackburn Rovers as a junior.

The Huddersfield-born player is boss James Rowberry's 11th summer signing.

Lindley made his Aston Villa debut in a 4-1 FA Cup defeat by Liverpool in January 2021 and later helped Villa's Under-18s win the FA Youth Cup against the Reds.

After signing a new deal with the Premier League side in July 2021, Lindley made a substitute's appearance in Villa's 6-0 victory over Barrow in the EFL Cup.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Newport County have signed midfielder Harry Charsley on an 18-month deal from League One side Port Vale.

Wirral-born player Charsley, 26, developed at Everton's academy and made his debut in a Uefa Europa League win at Apollon Limassol in 2017.

He joined Mansfield Town in January 2020, where he scored seven goals in 77 appearances and worked under current County boss Graham Coughlan.

"I've worked with the gaffer before and really enjoyed it," said Charsley.

"He works you hard, he's an honest manager and demands a lot from his players, but I really enjoyed working with him.

"I'm really excited and can't wait to get going."

Charsley joined Port Vale in January 2022 and was a substitute at Wembley as they beat his former club Mansfield 3-0 to secure promotion.

Former Newport chairman Hando dies
He has played six games in League One this season, but started only twice.

Though born in England he has represented the Republic of Ireland at under-21 level.

Newport County have signed Stoke City centre-back Matt Baker on a loan for the rest of the 2022-23 season.

Centre-back Baker, 19, is yet to make an appearance in senior football, but has been on the bench for Championship Stoke this term.

The Wales Under-21s international becomes Graham Coughlan's second Newport signing.

"I'm buzzing, I had a good chat with the manager and I can't wait to get started," Baker told Newport's website.

"At heart, I'm a defender. I like to keep the ball out the net, it's my main aim when I step onto the pitch, but on the flipside I'm composed on the ball so I like to do both sides of the game."

Baker, who joined Stoke from Gillingham in 2021, follows Port Vale midfielder Harry Charsley in signing for Newport this month.

The Exiles are 19th in League Two, six points above the relegation places

Teenage Manchester United forward Charlie McNeill has joined Newport County on loan for the remainder of the 2022-23 season.

McNeill, 19, has made one senior appearance for United as a substitute in September 2022's Europa League game at home to Real Sociedad.

He has scored three goals in five games for United's under-21 side in the EFL Trophy this season.

"I'm really proud and honoured to be representing this club," said McNeill.

"I know it's a big club and a family-based club and I'm just really happy to be here.

"The gaffer made me feel really comfortable as soon as I spoke to him, he was really nice, he really sold it to me.

"I can't wait to meet the lads, get training and hopefully play the game on Saturday."

Newport, 19th in League Two and five points above the relegation places, are are at home to promotion-chasing Swindon at the weekend.

A schoolboy with Manchester United, McNeill joined Manchester City's academy where he reportedly scored over 600 goals.

The Droylsden-born forward returned to Old Trafford in the summer of 2020 and scored 24 goals in 21 goals in the Under-18 Premier League.

Last season he scored 17 times in 32 games across five competitions for United's youth sides in Premier League Two, the Under-18 Premier League, the FA Youth Cup, the Uefa Youth League and the EFL Trophy.

McNeill is Newport manager Graham Coughlan's third January signing after Stoke defender Matt Baker and Port Vale midfielder Harry Charsley.

Manchester United forward Charlie McNeill and Middlesbrough striker Calum Kavanagh have joined Newport County on loan for the rest of the season.

McNeill, 19, has made one senior appearance for United, as a substitute in September 2022's Europa League game at home to Real Sociedad.

Kavanagh, also 19, signed professional terms at the Riverside in 2020.

The son of ex-Cardiff City captain Graham Kavanagh has won four Republic of Ireland Under-17 caps.

"I'm delighted to get the move over the line, I've been wanting to get a loan this window and this managed to come around so I'm really happy," Kavanagh said.

McNeill has scored three goals in five games for United's under-21 side in the EFL Trophy this season.

"I'm really proud and honoured to be representing this club," said McNeill.

"I know it's a big club and a family-based club and I'm just really happy to be here.

"The gaffer made me feel really comfortable as soon as I spoke to him, he was really nice, he really sold it to me.

"I can't wait to meet the lads, get training and hopefully play the game on Saturday."

Newport, 19th in League Two and five points above the relegation places, are are at home to promotion-chasing Swindon at the weekend.

A schoolboy with Manchester United, McNeill joined Manchester City's academy where he reportedly scored over 600 goals.

The Droylsden-born forward returned to Old Trafford in the summer of 2020 and scored 24 goals in 21 goals in the Under-18 Premier League.

Last season he scored 17 times in 32 games across five competitions for United's youth sides in Premier League Two, the Under-18 Premier League, the FA Youth Cup, the Uefa Youth League and the EFL Trophy.

Newport have also clinched January deals for Stoke defender Matt Baker and Port Vale midfielder Harry Charsley.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »