Thread Rating:
Hughes starts to reshape squad
Bradford City have signed former Blackburn, Nottingham Forest and Rotherham forward Matt Derbyshire on an 18-month contract.

The 36-year-old will join the Bantams on 9 January, subject to clearance, following a spell with Indian Super League side NorthEast United.

Derbyshire previously played under Bradford boss Mark Hughes at Blackburn.

"It has been a long time coming because we thought it would initially happen in the summer," he said.

"I have been lucky enough to play in the Premier League and Champions League, so am looking to bring that experience here and help Bradford City in whichever way I can."

He added: "The gaffer is very ambitious and has been throughout his playing and managing career, so coming here I want to do the best I possibly can to help the club get promoted."

Derbyshire's career has also taken him to Greece, Cyprus and Australia before he signed for NorthEast United in September.

"Matty is vastly experienced in the game - both up and down the footballing pyramid here in England, and also on foreign shores - and will give us great energy at the top end of the pitch," said Hughes.

"He will bring quality and invaluable experience to our dressing room, as well as added depth in our forward department."

Bradford are seventh in League Two ahead of their New Year's Day home game against Salford City.

Derbyshire could be eligible to make his debut when they host Rochdale on 10 January.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Bradford City have signed West Ham United winger Thierry Nevers on loan until the end of the season.

The 20-year-old spent the first half of the campaign on loan in League Two with Newport County.

"I am happy and excited to be here, and am grateful for the opportunity," he told the club website.

"I like to bring flair and entertainment, and am looking forward to getting straight to business and battling for promotion."

Rotherham United have loaned defender Tolaji Bola to League Two side Bradford City for the remainder of the season.

Bola played two Championship games for his parent club this season but has been ruled out for much of the campaign by quad and then knee problems.

The 24-year-old, who started his career at Arsenal without making a first-team appearance, joined the Millers on a permanent basis in August 2021.

"I am really happy to be here," Bola told the Bradford website.

"I was really attracted by the history of the club, the fanbase and, of course, the manager [Mark Hughes]. All those things made it an easy decision to join."

He has loan experience at Rochdale back in the 2020-21 season, when he made 12 appearances in league and cup for the then third-tier club.

Find all the latest football transfers on our dedicated page.

Bradford City have signed Doncaster Rovers midfielder Adam Clayton on a free transfer on a deal until the end of the season.

The 34-year-old former Leeds, Huddersfield and Middlesbrough man joined Rovers in January last year.

He could make his debut for the Bantams against Carlisle on Saturday.

"He is a fiercely determined player, and a leader who will add a lot to our dressing room," boss Mark Hughes told the club website.

Bradford City have signed centre-half Sam Stubbs on a free transfer from League One side Exeter City.

The 24-year-old defender has agreed a one-and-a-half-year deal to move to the Bantams, having helped the Grecians to promotion from League Two last season.

Stubbs played 25 games for Exeter in that success following a move from Fleetwood in January 2021, but made just four appearances this term.

"Bradford City speaks for itself," Stubbs told the club website.

"I have had some really positive conversations with the manager [Mark Hughes] about where he sees the club going, so it was a no-brainer."

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »