Thread Rating:
Ross County v Celtic - one big step to a Scot Prem title!
Not many matches remaining for the Hoops after the "split" and this one needs to be treated as seriously as no other one mainly because no slip-ups are allowed to give the Huns even a "sniff" of any chance to retain their title. It's a tricky fixture on a tight little ground in Dingwall and the players will need to be fully focused on the job at hand v a side managed by a guy, an ex Celtic player, with fairly close Celtic connections. No doubt, this ground will be "filled up" with lotsa Celtic fans to maximise the support provided to Ange and his troops on the final run-in towards the Scot Prem title.
I reckon if they win up there that should just about do it. They would have to lose 3 out of their last 4 games and i cannae see that happening.
Its a tough place to go though, Lots of teams have came unstuck up there and they needed an injury time winner last time out.
Looks like Giorgios Giakoumakis is "ready to go". I thought they missed him to finish off the Huns at Hampden last Sunday as he has "led the line" very well and found his scoring mojo. Meanwhile the Huns losing Roofe and Ramsay to injuries for 2-3 weeks plus Balogun suspended - good timing with a crucial fixture coming up v them at Celtic Park after a testy Euro fixture in Germany and the likelihood of even more injuries.
FT Ross Co 0 Celtic 2 and massive celebrations by the players and Celtic fans in Dingwall as Celtic "breeze past" any crisis/blip that was being intimated by the Hun press - never any doubt after the 1st goal scored by Kyogo who should've scored a "hat trick" after the 1st 35 mins. Celtic 6 pts ahead with a +18GD, 23 consecutive league matches unbeaten, 6 consecutive victories and they have a chance to more or less "wrap up the title" (unofficially) v the Huns at Celtic Park next Sunday in front of an expectant capacity crowd. That would be the "icing on the cake" after the toxic Hun events last season at Ibronx and in George Square.
Think thats the tims champions now.
It doesn't really matter what happens v Trump FC although i'm sure they will want to wrap it up next sunday. With that goal difference one more win would still likely do it even if they lost.
Yep! That's it "in a nutshell"! The ideal scenario is that they give a depleted Gers side a good hiding and celebrate with the legions of Celtic fans at the end of the match. God knows what will happen in Glesca later on if it does unfold in this way. I don't think they will "take it on the chin" as observed so many times in the past ad nauseum!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »