Thread Rating:
Sports personality of the Year 2014
(19-12-2014, 23:06)spireitematt Wrote:
(19-12-2014, 22:09)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(19-12-2014, 21:49)spireitematt Wrote: I wanted Lizzie Yarnold to win it. I was a bit miffed that a tax exile won it.

If Lizzie Yarnold earned as much as Hamilton did, then she too would be a tax exile!!

Its just wrong though, he's proud to be British and represent Britain but he refuses to live here and he's not the first and won't be the last person to do this either but If no one paid tax in the UK then the country would be up the creek without a paddle. Obviously he will be taxed on his prize money. Not only do I dislike him because he's a tax exile but because he's so arrogant and such a poor loser. At the end of the day the car and the mechanics do more of the work than the driver does.

By the same token though, I am proud to be British and talk England up all the time, but I choose to live abroad and not pay any taxes in Britain either!! I think the British tax system should worry more about the immigrants and asylum seekers who do not pay anywhere near as much as they currently cost the country!! Besides lets be honest about it, if we had as much money as Hamilton does, would you continue to live in Chesterfield or would you go and live on the shores of Lake Geneva in Switzerland??
(19-12-2014, 23:21)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(19-12-2014, 23:06)spireitematt Wrote:
(19-12-2014, 22:09)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(19-12-2014, 21:49)spireitematt Wrote: I wanted Lizzie Yarnold to win it. I was a bit miffed that a tax exile won it.

If Lizzie Yarnold earned as much as Hamilton did, then she too would be a tax exile!!

Its just wrong though, he's proud to be British and represent Britain but he refuses to live here and he's not the first and won't be the last person to do this either but If no one paid tax in the UK then the country would be up the creek without a paddle. Obviously he will be taxed on his prize money. Not only do I dislike him because he's a tax exile but because he's so arrogant and such a poor loser. At the end of the day the car and the mechanics do more of the work than the driver does.

By the same token though, I am proud to be British and talk England up all the time, but I choose to live abroad and not pay any taxes in Britain either!!  I think the British tax system should worry more about the immigrants and asylum seekers who do not pay anywhere near as much as they currently cost the country!!  Besides lets be honest about it, if we had as much money as Hamilton does, would you continue to live in Chesterfield or would you go and live on the shores of Lake Geneva in Switzerland??

I don't live in Chesterfield but I live in Derbyshire and If I had as much money as Hamilton does I would still live in Derbyshire or Britain.
Lord Snooty likes this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »