Thread Rating:
2022: 26 Jan - January Transfer Window
(09-01-2022, 22:42)Blue Baggie Wrote: With Dike in the bag and our side threadbare due to injuries and suspensions. I would like to see a CH and CM come in. And I would have thought Woodrow would have joined us if he is coming. The idea that we have to lose Hugill - Snodgrass - Zohore before we can sign anyone is just being bloody minded. If they have directly or indirectly downed tools we should stop paying them.

To be fair, I’m not sure that is the case with those three. Obviously we haven’t seen Snodgrass or Zohore for some time but as regards Hugill, he may not be the most prolific striker (understatement of the year) but he always puts a shift in when he’s on the field, even if it is to very little effect
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
Peterborough have signed forward Callum Morton on loan from West Bromwich Albion until the end of the season.
Morton, 21, having spent the first half of the season on loan at League One Fleetwood, scoring/ed seven goals in 22 appearances.

Posh boss Darren Ferguson then said:
"He is slightly different to what we have got in the building," and then went on to say "particularly as Jack Marriott is injured and Ricky-Jade Jones is only just on the way back to fitness."

His rhetoric/choice of words made me laugh Big Grin

(07-01-2022, 15:32)Slick_Footwork Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 13:34)Baggiebob(BBB) Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 19:38)Baggiebob(BBB) Wrote: What happened to that young chinese guy we bought and shipped out on loan 2yrs back?
He was supposed to have been brilliant but lacked experience.

I'd still give Ijahi (oop's)a chance up front - he has height and knows how to score Whistle

Any answers? Someone must know. Dodgy

Zhang Yuning - he joined in 2017 and left in 2019 for Beijing Guoan in the Chinese Super League.

I presume he was released for nothing as his move was never really mentioned. During his time here had 2 loan spells away and they were complete flops so I guess we just wanted him off the wage bill, as he was bizarrely reported to be a high earner. He didn't play a game for Werder Breman in a season there and played just a handful for Den Haag in the Netherlands without scoring. I presume the fact he couldn't even get into a very average Dutch side made us realise we had purchased a pig in a poke.

He's still at Beijing Guoan now. He's not the only familiar name at the club either... His manager, Mr Slaven Bilic.

He does actually score goals for them and for the Chinese national team, but it's a much inferior league. Any striker worth their salt tends to get at least a goal every other game in that league and he's not at that strike rate.

His strike partner Cedric Bakambu tends to score about 2 in 3 and could play at a higher level (actually did well in Spain) but is just a mercenary who moved to China when the were paying the astronomical salaries like Graziano Pelle, Oscar, Rondon etc. Zhang is probably at his level there.

A great answer to my query - thanks. Thumb up
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
What do people think to the transfers made to date by other clubs! Wood to Newcastle 25m is ridiculous, Trippier for 12m looks good business, is Digne worth 25m, maybe 15 to 20m but blows hot and cold and gets cards too often. 

I think best deal is 7.5m for Dike, and palace stole Ferguson.

Happy to sell Zohore to Newcastle for 10m or Snodgrass for 5m. Not very likely!
Muriqi linked on several boards, but maybe all originating from a less than reliable source?
https://the72.co.uk/259809/west-brom-lin...at-muriqi/
(14-01-2022, 14:24)drewks Wrote: Muriqi linked on several boards, but maybe all originating from a less than reliable source?

Think you will find this is utter rubbish generated by his agent, because he was linked with us last year.
I think if we bring anyone else in it will be a central midfielder.
I hear Rafa is available......

DD #No1 Cool Cool
Ubique.
(12-01-2022, 12:12)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: Another one bites the dust.

Arsenal have signed 16-year-old West Bromwich Albion left-back Lino Da Cruz Sousa, https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/arsenal-sign-

DD  Angry  Angry

That's another £20 quid into the transfer kitty. Big Grin

(14-01-2022, 15:03)wba13 Wrote:
(14-01-2022, 14:24)drewks Wrote: Muriqi linked on several boards, but maybe all originating from a less than reliable source?

Think you will find this is utter rubbish generated by his agent, because he was linked with us last year.
I think if we bring anyone else in it will be a central midfielder.

Woodrow is a non starter - he has undergone surgery on his Knee and is out until March.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
It's an exciting window, isn't it?
About as exciting as our brand of football!!
Linked with everyone, but 20 days in and apart from Dike (which was set up before the window) nothing, nowt, zip,
Normal service has been resumed.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »