Thread Rating:
Hull vs WBA - Match Thread
It wasn't a vintage performance by any means and we rode our luck at times, but at least there were some improvements.

Pretty much everyone on here were calling for Gardner-Hickman to be added into the midfield and his inclusion definitely made a difference. Do wonder why it takes some of these so called 'experts' to see the obvious really. As many others have said, I don't think his inclusion is going to get us promoted, but he's certainly better than Mulumby.

Livermore coming back also helped. While I personally said Livermore was a liability who should be ditched after his sending off against Sheffield United, I have changed my mind and do think he needs to be persisted with this season given our alternatives (or lack of them). For all his faults, he tries and we've really lacked that in recent games.

Was surprised to see Carroll dropped as I thought he'd been the stand out player in recent games. But Grant did look better operating centrally than when he's out wide.

Will we be able to get a run together when we play better teams? I very much doubt it. But at least Bruce woke up to some of the obvious mistakes he'd been making and we did look a tad better for it, while stopping the rot.
Strange how many were bemoaning playing with a back three, yet that is what we played against Hull and Bruce is saying he should not have changed away from it. I have always said Grant should play more centrally, so good to see him do well in that spot, now all I need is to see CR brought infield a little playing in the old inside left spot or the number 10 spot dependant on opposition and Diag out on the left wing, for the time being Phillips when he is fit and Furlong in behind him on the right. It worked very early in the season on the odd occasion they tried it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »