Thread Rating:
Scot Cup semi-final: Dundee United v Hibs, Sat 8 May, KO 4.00pm
So another cup semi-final beckons and this is a "big match" which Jack Ross and Hibs will try to win and progress to another Scot Cup final. Ross needs to try to rid himself of this perceived bogey of not winning crucial matches like play-off finals or huge "winner takes all" cup matches like this one. I think we've conceded that he is unfortunately a "plan A manager" unlike Neil Lennon who, during his best period at ER Stadium, would adjust his Hibs teams to any challenging situation on the pitch. So JR will hopefully deploy what he thinks is his best strategy to beat United just like he has done previously. However, Hibs must keep a close eye on the threat of Marc McNulty and Lawrence Shankland. Hibs have consistently beaten United since 2016 and the players know what is required to do it again. C'mon Hibs! No f###### about and scorning lotsa scoring opps - TIME TO GRASP A HUGE OPPORTUNITY TO WIN THE SCOT CUP AGAIN AND JUST "GET ON WITH IT"!!

GGTTH
At some stage in the first half, as early as possible, we will be the dominant team. We have to take advantage with goals scored and take control of our own destiny, not let our opponents take it into their hands.

GGTTH
Cabbage is still good for you
My focus is on two particular players, Doidgy and Nisbet. The former is a renowned "misser" of easy scoring opps. The latter appears to have a temperament prob in these kinda matches. But he is a still a young lad who really must "come of age" and overcome any temperamental difficulties to just convert scoring opps that come his way instead of "fluffing his lines". I certainly wouldn't give him a pk in this kinda match and happy to see Boyly as Hibs current pk taker although I still have a doubt re his temperament as well in such matches.
Saint Johnstone suddenly hit by a COVID crisis with four players already quarantined and will miss their semi-final v St Mirren. All their prep apparently in turmoil. Therefore my confidence re St J reaching the Scot Cup final is diminished greatly.
(06-05-2021, 15:52)0762 Wrote: Saint Johnstone suddenly hit by a COVID crisis with four players already quarantined and will miss their semi-final v St Mirren. All their prep apparently in turmoil. Therefore my confidence re St J reaching the Scot Cup final is diminished greatly.

I wouldn't have ruled out St Mirren anyway. They are a handy side in a knock out tie like this.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Our second looked offside?
2-0 win for Hibs. Lovely move for Doidge's goal, but he was offside. Seemed to be better game management today, but still should/could have scored more.
HerefordBull likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
I'd also add that Porteous was a tad fortunate to stay on the park, but overall a very good day and a deserved win.
Hallberg I thought was particularly good and my favourite Doidge played well.

The chance of silverware is there for the boys now. Just one more game.
0762 likes this post
The main objective achieved - WE ARE IN THAT SCOTTISH CUP FINAL AND IN IT TO WIN IT!Thumb up I must say the game played out more or less what I expected and Macey untroubled throughout this match. Hibs 1st goal definitely the all important one and Irvine did great to set up Kevin Nisbet who scored a vg opening goal to give Hibs some comfort to confidently push on to them. The second goal by Doidgy well-taken (and what a great inter-changing move to set it up!!) but definitely offside - I'll take it after some really dodgy ref decisions against us in previous matches like this one and I'm not just referring to cup matches during this season. One must also mention ref Madden's decision not to allow an advantage for Doidgy to play on and score after Boyly fouled just outside their pen box after a great run. Anyway, no damage done and good to see Hallberg well up for this match - my MOTM.
Lastly, I must say what a great pity that Hibs legions and legions of fans cannot converge on Hampden Park in two weeks time to literally take over the stadium with our famous Scot footie anthem "Sunshine on Leith" absolutely booming out from those fans and captivating a huge audience - a great disappointment and a great loss to this end of season spectacle!

GGTTH
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »