Thread Rating:
Reading v Huddersfield Town
We used to take corners and pass them back to the goalie - you are so negative sometimes Snoots - pah! Tongue
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
(08-05-2021, 18:25)theo_luddite Wrote: PS -

We must be the top of the Points lost from Winning Positions table.

We were before we kicked off - don't think we lost that one today.

We have lost 29 points from winning positions this season, not sure you will beat that record!!
[Image: D7tsAca.jpg]

OK so this is the points won table in the final columns after taking the lead, and I assume it includes todays results but if not we both went in front and drew so no difference that is worth a hill of beans. 2 points each lost today.

So - from taking the lead we can also see
Town drew 4 (8 points) & lost 7 (21 points) = 29 points dropped
Wendies drew 7 (14 points) & lost 5 (15 points) = 29 points dropped

That was a draw when I went to school - except - we were in front 25 times and Wendies were in front 24, so we're slightly more crap than you SCO. Not something to be proud of tbh.

With Wendies and Rotherham also getting relegated, Yorkshire are still crap at football when we take a peak over t'hill into Lancastria ain't we?
talkSAFT and St Charles Owl like this post
A guide to cask ale.

Both Sheffields, Rotherham and Grimsby, if you count them in the Yorkshire TV region. Not a good season for the region.

Got to fancy Barnsley to go up though. And Dull City's another for the Calendar county.

[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
There's talk today of Wayne County getting a points deduction for next season, similar in size to the one Wendy was given.
2017 Play Offs anagrams: All these are to do with the Play Offs of 2017.

I think you got them all between you.

1. Oh Brillo Gush (Hillsborough)
  2. VAR Japan Arrival (Rajiv van La Parra)
  3. Trev Nestle Chef (Steven Fletcher)
  4. Perth Childish Corners (Christopher Schindler)
  5. Jam Pasta (Jaap Stam)
  6. Wrinklier Scab (Neil Swarbrick)
  7. Rosanne Refortified (Fernando Forestieri)
  8. Ravaged Wind (David Wagner)
  9. Whelk Snail (Nahki Wells)
  10. Moo Mailer (Liam Moore)
  11. Randy Dawn (Danny Ward)
(09-05-2021, 17:16)Lord Snooty Wrote: There's talk today of Wayne County getting a points deduction for next season, similar in size to the one Wendy was given.

Bit bloody late next season but I suppose they've managed to drag it out for so long they can't do it now for this season without it being appealed again for so long that it would drag into next season.
A guide to cask ale.

Another poor display to finish the season off.

Hogg doing his level best to be Readings Man of the Match. Gave the penalty away and then passes straight to a Reading player in the box when it was easier to do anything else which lead to the second goal..Talking of the 2nd goal..3 players around the man and not one challenges him.

Anyway its gone now. CC has a full pre season now to work with his players, no excuses he has to hit the ground running next season because if we start like we have finished then he will be finished.
I've thought of a positive for the season. Direct free kicks. I can't remember a season when we have scored so many goals direct from free kicks. I think we've got four, with Koroma's on Saturday, five if you include Pritchard's pre season one.
Before this season, I can only remember Mooy getting one down at Wolves. Can't think of any more.
We couldn't score them from a little white dot in the penalty box most of the time let alone bend them round, through or over the defensive wall.
A guide to cask ale.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »