Thread Rating:
Prediction League ?????? This afto? No 50?
(03-05-2021, 18:17)spireitematt Wrote: I've updated the table and I agree with Dev, your scores should count St Charles.

Very glad that Dev did the Prediction League today. I knew there were games and that Chesterfield were playing. I didn't get round to doing the Prediction League because last night I watched Line Of Duty and hours after spent ages trying to work out the ending which I still don't think is the real ending and thought it was too late to do the Prediction league today but I guess Dev proved me wrong.

Thanks Matt, and thanks Dev for the reminder.

I haven't seen any episodes of Line of Duty but seen quite a bit of news about it. Is it worth watching? I think I can get it online over here and it might be one to binge at some point.
(03-05-2021, 18:30)Devongone Wrote: Matt, or should that be the real, brooding figure behind H, just one question, how do you spell definitely?

You cannot just have blamed Line of Duty for not doing the Prediction League can you? It won't wash with the OCG. The dog ate my homework pales into insignificance.

I hope everyone takes notice of my brilliant predictions at Boreham Wood, Bromley and Solihull. I may not do any more. They wore down what remains of my mental faculties.

Are you H, or the Smoking Man from the X-Files Matt? I liked him too.

Not with an A that's for sure.

I probably should have done the Prediction League after Saturday's game.

I reckon H is Osborne and that Buckells is a patsy as is Carmichael who is protecting Osborne. Buckell's I reckon is the 4th man but is the caddy like Cotton was in Series 3.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Well, here is my view, having spent almost 30 years living with a professional actor/director .......... Owen Teale is a very good actor with a reputation. Osborne is a non-part, boring and dislikeable. Unless work has been very short for him or he has produced 17 children I can't see why he'd have taken the part unless he knew he was going to turn out to be the central villain and have some brilliant scenes.

I like the idea of the policeman becoming corrupt because he's ordinary, dim and corruptible. I like the idea of h turning out to be lower case, so we are left wondering if there's an upper case H in the police, or it's some kinda Mr Big outside the police, criminal but apparently respectable maybe.

As to St Charles' question. Compared to the other shit we produce, it's good. Not as good as Peaky Blinders. It really doesn't make total sense having been written episodically, but then nor does Charles Dickens. I'd say it was worth a watch. I've enjoyed it so far. There are one or two brilliant performances. George Costigan in the last episode, an actor I always thought ordinary, was utterly fekkin' brilliant ........... But you need a good suspension of disbelief. For instance if you believe in Davidson going off into a new life in a country retreat with a dog and girlfriend, you need to get a flashlight out and look for the fairies at the bottom of your garden. And Terry Boyle's future was a bit sad for all people with learning difficulties - you can't be independent, you need proper looking arfter, with a nice middle-aged lady in charge.

You're right Matt you should have done the Prediction League. You caused Chesterfield to lose. Make sure the dog never eats your homework again ...... and by the way thanks for all your hard work and putting up with the rest of us.
Dancingwilldoit likes this post
I'm assuming we are not predicting Notts County's 1-0 win over Sutton tonight in the one-off game. County score in the 93rd minute. Sutton manager questions his defence's concentration.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »