Thread Rating:
HTAFC Prediction League 2020/21 Matchday 35
My two-penn'orth on the above.
If you are top scoring any particular week, you are likely also getting the most correct scores. You're already getting more points for getting the scores and maybe scorers and your jokers, correct so I don't think you need to be awarded even more bonus points for that.

I agree with the SCO suggestion for 2 points for correctly forecasting that Town or their opponents (or both) won't score. A correct 0-0 draw forecast would then effectively yield 8 points if I've got that correct, the same as predicting 1-1 with the two correct scorers, whereas now 0-0 is a max of 4 points (plus any bonus for jokers in each case).

The only other thing I can think of for rewarding a few more bonus points is being nearest to the actual total number of goals scored in all the games each week or maybe just the bonus games? There would have to be a reasonably consistent number of bonus games each week (i.e. a few more than 1).

Either way, I've still done a L666s again this season and peaked far too early. Tongue

Think we all need Baggiebob to give us all some Lottery predictions for the Summer to be honest. Big Grin
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
The thing with the "no scorers" is, it's like an extra badger. Stick a badger on it and I'll give you the points. Tongue

I was just thinking of ways to make the end of the season a bit more interesting. Bob has had this sewn up for weeks now. I don't want to introduce minus points for wrong scores like they have on the Baggies game.

Think I'll leave it as it is.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Have to ask how many weeks has Baggybob top scored this year compared to first half of season? Think he'd have run away with it even more if he'd have had another 5 points for top scoring. His guesswork, sticking pins in, throwing darts or crystal ball gazing has just been better than ours and fair play. I've done a L666s (yet again), he's done a Blue Mancs/Red Scouse of the last 2 seasons - or Norwich of this season in our Division.

His missus doesn't have a booth on Blackpool Prom by any chance does she?

[Image: gipsy-lee-palmist-sign-at-blackpool-uk-B33FCK.jpg]

As they say - if it ain't bust (or bost down 'ere), don't fix it.
Lord Snooty and SHEP_HTAFC like this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »