Thread Rating:
Chicken Packing Rovers v Terriers 24/04/21
I disagree with the assessment of Eiting. I thought he was brilliant today. Gave us our only attacking ideas in the first half. The one where he released Ward was superb, but of course, Ward made a right mess of it. But this is all irrelevant because he won't be here next season.

Koroma was good. Did what he's good at and scored a right belter. Shame it came when we were 5-1 down.

The defence though! Doh

Whoever thought it was a good idea to bring in Kalamity Keogh needs shooitin'.

Feliz Naby Sarr won us the game against Blackburn at home. Today, he was the worst player on the field by a mile, in a field that was full of absolute stinkers. The one where he fell asleep after giving away a throw in and they scored from it was pathetic.

I could go on, but it's getting me down. Let's just hope Wayne County keep playing shite and we're safe next Saturday. I said last week that 47 points might be enough. Let's just hope so.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Careless post-match on Radio Local

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09fp3sd
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Quote:Huddersfield Town head coach Carlos Corberan:

"It's clear, we didn't start well and we conceded two goals very quickly.

"We finished the rest of the half better and then wanted to take the risk to win in the second half.

"When you do this, you can suffer the counter-attacks and we did.

"I am the most responsible one as the head coach, and I must improve this."

He's been saying this ever since Phil gave him a new contract for Christmas.
Sending my thoughts and solidarity out to all dragons today....even the Mrs.
For the after-match menu, there's only one sweet available for Town and Hibs - crumble! And not for the first time.
Cabbage is still good for you
As above I got a late call out from a "phone a friend" about her snotty nosed dribbling pussy, and I missed the match. So, sorry if I missed anything important to the quiz. I've also looked up how they score things on "QI" and "Have I got News for You", which basically means I can award points as I feel fit.

It's my last thread of the season unless 20 teams or more are deducted about 50 points for some spurious reason or another that thrusts Town into the play-off's, so you are not best placed to argue. If in doubt see ritchies post, #6. Scoring totals will be calculated using the Post Office's incredibly accurate Horizon software. Apologies for not telling you in advance but it absolves me from not being able to add up and subtract properly. Ask your local sub-post office manager for their lawyers details to argue your case if you feel you should have won the kwiz.

AmChaff gets 3 points before we start for admitting to having a lie in on a Saturday morning and telling him-in-doors what he's having for tea tonight, when the tight fisted little Yorkie fella get's round to ordering the take-aways.
AmChaff - the blue stuff on a jig-saw, unless it's a river, a lake or the sea is usually sky and goes at the top of the puzzle - just a little hint in case you are struggling. Smartass

Who will be the first Town player ....

1. to give the ball away in our half leading to a Blackburn chance or a goal? - Seems it was Schoffer flapping at the ball for the first goal. Anything happen before that? Nobody got that unless the highlights or a match report proves otherwise. I don't think the throw in covers it either really?
2. to get a yellow card, probably for time wasting but any reason will do? Holmes - nobody that I can find. Didn't think he was tall enough to get a yellow to be honest.
3. to have a shot on target? Well apparently we only had one so that must have been Koroma - was that Snoots? No.
4. in which half will it be? (hint, "Theirs" is not the correct answer).  Smartass 2nd half - nobody
5. to score? (for us or them). That was also Koroma and Snoots got that one. jjamez was right about Armstrong scoring for them, 3 times, but dearie me, the yoof of today just don't have enough attention span to read the whole question. jjamez loses 3 points for not listening. Big Grin
We really should cut the games 60 minutes with an hours tea break for half-time so the yoof can all go play Super Mario Kart or something and only invite teams that have won the League 3 times in a row into the next Super League. At least we won't have to worry about relegation to League 1 again if that happens.

on a different note -
6. what colour chino's/tracky bottoms or other leg covering of your choice will Careless be wearing for this match? Seems it was the, er, lucky? cream ones. Think Snoots and jjamez got this. 5 points each.

and finally on a more topical note -
7. how many pot-holes does it take to fill the Albert Hall? "4000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire" - from The Beatles - A Day in the Life.

It was inspired by a newspaper report about the number of pot-holes in the roads of Blackburn, so what has changed in oooooh 60 years? Apparently John Lennon used his imagination to do the calculation to work out how many holes would fill the Albert Hall, but you know what newspapers are or were like? These days they normally compare things to the size of Wales, not the Albert Hall, so you missed that opportunity too. The guy who committed suicide in his car in the first verse was apparently another story in the same newspaper. jjamez gets 2 points for his smart-assed answer, Snoots get's 1 for having a foggy brain day that vaguely recalled Dr. Winston O'Boogies mates were involved somewhere.

8. how do you like your chicken? (roast, curry, KFC etc). Winner comes up with best recipe/meal as chosen by me. (Sorry, but Mrs. Tweedie didn't do vegetarian pies).
I'm giving this to ritchie for his Balmoral chicken. Now bear (bare, beer?) with me, I love a nice curry, and a tandoori, butter chicken, what ever, is right up there, and I'm also no lover of offal or a wee dram either, but, many moons back we had an awfully nice Jock fella and his awfully nice Geordie missus running our local in Hafilax.

They later went on to run The Pump Room before it was pulled down around their ears and it's still a pile of rubble that was supposed to have been redeveloped into some fancy arsed shopping centre yonks ago. Any hoo, one Burns neet Saturday or Sunday afternoon (think about it) they gave every customer a free wee bowl of haggis with their drink, and I have to say it was delicious. Thumb up

jjamez nearly got 5 points for his answer. The thought of a chicken with carrots, leeks, onions, garlic and sprouts duct taped to it's knees wading in a pan of hot water to make a chicken and veg soup fired my imagination - but quite honestly, the deader it is, the better for us all - including having the cluck removed. I'll give him 2.

Now I've also recently been given a jar of whiskey marmalade. I can't taste any whiskey in it, so I'm thinking the tight fisted jock that made it was hammered and forgot or they had the wee dram for themselves. So on that basis, 5 points to ritchie Thumb up
I may even give it a whirl myself one day.

9. if you could go to the match by train, would you get off in Blackburn and walk, or Darwen and get a bus/taxi or even walk after visiting a beer garden of your choice (or several)? I'm not sure if any of you would have got there to be honest but jjamez gets 5 points for his story Thumb up
10. antigram - shitroomdew? Snoots got this one - just happy to add to a list that started with Colin Wanker - 3 points to Snoots as it wasn't that hard.

Sooooo ..... the totals as calculated by the QI elves - (shit I need a pencil and paper). Glasses of beer and wine drunk this afternoon - gallons, well it's been warm tho' but,

Despite me penalising him heavily for not paying attention whilst on duty, the winner of the kwiz is .......

paaaah, pah, pah, pah, pah, paaaaah,

jjamez.

Blue Army, Blue Army.

Speech?
ritchiebaby and Lord Snooty like this post
A guide to cask ale.

Pot holes are so called because of when potters used to dig clay out of the road.
Does that qualify for any QI points?
It would have done Snoots had you offered it before I declared jjamez the winner.
Had AmChaff also said you had also delivered breakfast in bed this morning it might have been a score draw, but then I would have had to ask the QI elves to consider a VAR review.
You know how this shit works, just when you think you are in front, some plonker with a laptop and a couple of red lines screws everything up when you thought you should have been scr........ ok, maybe shouldn't go there. Whistle
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

A guide to cask ale.

I see Town haven't bothered with another post match video, strange how we don't bother when we've been whacked out of the park.

The write up in the Examiner has been pretty damning about the situation at the club.

In short they are saying heads should now roll, and PH has to decide if that is Clueless, Bromby ,Marsh..all of them, some of them or others
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »