Thread Rating:
The Owls v Preston SBC Match Thread
Good we'll fought 3pts and a much better last 15 minutes with Windass on the field !

Ratings up in a bit ...
Very good three points and exactly what we needed after the crap at Coventry!! Defence looked solid and they had hardly any chances. Two poor teams but in the end it only took a rare Palmer goal to grab the points.
The 6pts gas been cut back to 4,pts but with Bournemouth and Millwall away coming up i still don't see much light !!
(30-01-2021, 18:55)Imre varadi Wrote: The 6pts gas been cut back to 4,pts but with Bournemouth and Millwall away coming up i still don't see much light !!

Maybe not, but Bournemouth are crap at the moment and Millwall have been struggling, so there is a chance if we can just manage to turn up for two games in a row!! 4 wins at home on the trot is a key stat, we need to win home games, anything away from home is then a bonus.
Apparently we are registering as a charity 1 win each this season fair enough
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

(30-01-2021, 19:17)themaclad Wrote: Apparently we are registering as a charity 1 win each this season fair enough

Well we have been a non-profit for many years so we might as well get charitable status!!! Two poor sides on display today in reality, but there are a bunch of poor side in this division so there is some hope.
themaclad likes this post
And Palmer scores the winner

There's a sentence I thought I'd never hear Laugh
and complicated
Westwood ....8 for pure stability he gives the back 4 if and one very good save he made look basic . Wildsmith would have flapped at it !

Palmer ...8 didn't really get much trouble down his left side as they were to busy watching Reach and picking on our right side. But the little he had to do and the goal were very much one off his better games

Lee's ...7 thanks to Hutch he looked more relaxed and was unflappable today.

Hutch ...8 fits in nice at center back and lee's being unflappable allowed him to help out in midfield as well .

Osaze bongo ....9 MOM Preston's game plan was pretty easy to see they tried to pick on this young lad down the right side but with help from Penney he didn't put a foot wrong and with Westwood in his ear he like the rest looked unflappable . Another bright light from our younger players !!

Bannan ...7 controlled the game as usual when we win he has a part but we were way to deep in the first half and a better team would have punished him more than once .

Minge ...5 didn't kick the ball once In the second half and got caught ball watching as usual in the first half sooner he's back on the bench for biscuits the better !

Reach....7 worked hard and like Bannan showed they are better players than all off the players on the field ...he gave Preston a headache and they made there tactics around stoping him from getting anywhere near Reach shooting range distance which freed up Bannan more and let minge get away with doing fuckall !!

Penney ....7 much better from him and id rather watch him and Reach down the flanks than that headless chicken Harris ..much more intelligent football from Penney than just running into a wall time and time again !

Kabunga ....6 worked hard in parts but gives us no options for the midfield to send a ball through ...he's not even worth bob's big toe tbh although he did try hence the 6 .

Patterson ....6 same as kabunga he does try but again he didn't give the midfield any options he's to static and the balls he did run at where 10 yards infront of him ! Not a striker in a million years but he is a good team player and id give him minges shirt against Bournemouth .

Windass ....8 changed the game the last 15 minutes and took the pressure off us at the other end meaning no last minute fuckups !! He starts every game for me without question our best striker .

Rhodes ...7 l was impressed today like windass he changed the direction of the game letting us get off the back foot !! I would start him with Windass against Bournemouth.

Biscuits ....7 solid and made 1 very vital tackle to save us from being pressured ...if only he could stay fit ffs ..but he starts for me instead of minge against Bournemouth.

NT ....7 not to impressed with the first half but he's got us yet another home win pissing allover monks record and his substitutions were good ones today at the right time ...he stays for me because if he can't get us out with this dogshit then nobody else can simple ..

Summary ....Preston were shit really poor upfront so it's no great feat winning today but after coventry in the week this was more like it and a good team effort like the other 2 home games we won recently.
The changes for Wednesday nights game are obvious to me it's get minge out for biscuits or patterson and definitely start with Rhodes and windass upfront !!
Can't disagree with any of that. Penney was much better after a really poor showing midweek. I would have given Kachunga a 5, didn't think he contributed much at all. Luongo has to replace Pelupessy who is one dimensional at best. I thought Paterson did ok, he wins a lot of headers and can hold up the ball, movement is never going to be his strong suit. For me Windass has to play up front, after that you can put Green, Kachunga, Paterson, Rhodes or Marriott alongside him.
Unless we play 4-3-3 green doesn't ever play for me as he's not a striker in a front 2 formation he's just proved that with the 2 games he's played
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »