Thread Rating:
The Joe Biden US Presidential period begins - how will he fare? The scrutiny begins!
(29-07-2021, 01:27)St Charles Owl Wrote: The thing with these RW parties across the world is that they have no politics at all, they only have soundbites and cliches that keep their base salivating.  Its popular, entertainment politics without any substance.  Look back at Trumps 4 years, he essentially passed on bill, a bunch of tax cuts that expire in a couple of years anyway, everything else he did was antagonistic or calculated to just motivate the base!!

I did see today that there was a House primary and Trumps chosen candidate was beaten by a more traditional Republican, that is a good sign.

Johnson does the same. Basically stir up shit that he cares not a lot about either way, and all the shouting and furore obscures whatever it is he's xxxx up at that point.

xxxx was a journalist remember. He knows the media are the real power in the UK and they all went to the same schools as him.

More and more I wonder if Brexit was the media barons revenge on the politicians for Leveson.
(29-07-2021, 01:27)St Charles Owl Wrote: The thing with these RW parties across the world is that they have no politics at all, they only have soundbites and cliches that keep their base salivating.  Its popular, entertainment politics without any substance.  Look back at Trumps 4 years, he essentially passed on bill, a bunch of tax cuts that expire in a couple of years anyway, everything else he did was antagonistic or calculated to just motivate the base!!

I did see today that there was a House primary and Trumps chosen candidate was beaten by a more traditional Republican, that is a good sign.

I can still recall when you predicted a couple of years ago that civil unrest could ensue if Trump's Presidency was finally curtailed - it happened late on at the Capitol, but it was prophetic.
And re Johnson Jim, we can all see that this Brit govt is comprised of charlatans who are indeed very similar in the way they are undermining true democracy and effectively lying with sheer impunity. It is fascism in full view and knowing full well they can get away with it as Johnson's govt has this massive majority govt in place - I must say I applaud that Labour MP, Dawn Butler, who last week slammed into Johnson and his serial lying, but then put down by an anachronistic parliamentary system that doesn't punish the real offender(s)!! In reality, what did she achieve? Nothing IMO!! Parliamentary bill after parliamentary bill is being passed by this govt eroding human rights, democratic rights, journalists' access to info that indicts such an authoritarian Brit govt and also trying to impinge on the restricted power of the devolved countries with all kindsa sneaky tactics to force their extreme Brexit ideology on the populace, withholding monies that should go directly to said devolved govt administrations and again doing with impunity, definitely not the so called "equal partner" that these Brexit morons brazenly preach now and again.
What was interesting there was just how much Bidens visit to Ireland and his appreciation of his Irish roots has really xxxx upset the worst sections of our media. Their mask has slipped and their anti Irish bias clear. Losing their shit about the most ridiculous stuff, sulking about the most stupid things.

I’d say it’s xxxx embarrassing to share a country with these people, but tbh at this point it’s just another day.
0762 likes this post
Yep! What a horrible, horrible country we inhabit now when one scrutinises the most ultra-RW media in the whole of Europe - confirmed in a recent study of media behaviour of Euro agencies! This is just another example of it!! An anti-British slogan being orchestrated against Biden???? Maybe he has good reason to not like GB, the GB orchestrated tripe or the fascist Tory-Brexit govt whose behaviour and political activities "fit for the gutter" render them as a "laughing stock" in the eyes of many critics throughout the world, never mind Europe.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »