Thread Rating:
What Gives?
i dont post much on here lately
but every time i look at this site
all i see are dumb advertisements
can someone please explain where these have come from?

if i look at a posting on here i get a stupid square advertising something dumb
@Kristien 1965
Is the advertisement a mirror with your reflection on it?
He's right though - seems to be adverts all over the site now.
I have added adverts in an attempt to get revenue in to pay for the site.

I have tried and tried to raise money to cover the costs and all have failed. There is no choice but to try this as I am £1,200 down per year out of my own pocket to run the site.

It’s not about making money. Just not losing it!

You are welcome to propose an alternative. I have asked and asked and asked.

Some have very kindly donated money via justgiving but sadly this has not covered it and I am unhappy at having a few people pay when others clearly are not.

I use the site as much as most of you and have not found the adverts all that frustrating.

DM me if you have ideas. I am seriously open to considering them all. If I win the lottery then I will be happy to cover the running costs but until then........
Baggievicar and hibeejim21 like this post
To be honest I have not seen any adverts; annoying or otherwise on this site.
Perhaps it's because I have installed an Ad Blocker.

Sometimes (news outlets especially) the site owners get their knickers in a twist and wont let me in unless I unblock them, which I never do.

Stairs, sorry to hear that the donations ultimately proved insufficient to cover the costs of running the site. For those of us living away from the West Mids it is our best way to keep contact with other Baggies fans and their thoughts on where this great Club is going. (or not going as the case may be).
BaggieSteve and hibeejim21 like this post
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
Yeah, I'm (obviously) getting the ads, but thought that it WAS stairs trying to generate revenue for the site - so absolutely fine by me.
Hope it works, Stairs. I'm prepared to pay another 'annual membership' if that's what it takes to keep this great site going; amazed & very disappointed that others won't.
SomersetBaggie and BaggieSteve like this post
I think an annual membership would work. £20 for the year beginning in January would be a reasonable amount in my opinion.

The site has plenty of members already so £20 from everyone would get Stairs closer to the £1,200.
Agree with Josh, I’d be very happy to pay a subscription to ensure Stairs was not out of pocket
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
I would be happy to pay an annual membership along the lines Josh suggests.
Guys. Appreciate your support.

I pay to keep this site up because I love the site and the passion of the fans that use it.

I won’t let it die even if I do pay the money myself. But I must look to find ways to find it as the Lady Wife would kill me if she knew I favour the site over other domestic needs!!

I’ll ask Mark to look at subscriptions but it concerns me that it would force some to leave and I don’t want that either.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »